Yes, I am talking about Ekta Kapoor and her avoidable soap operas. No matter if a common thread of idiocy binds its ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ or ‘Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki’, all of these melodramas are hazardous to our society. After a rigorous job of going through the pros and cons of watching these highly overrated soaps, I was left with nothing but 101 reasons to hate Ekta Kapoor’s TV serials. Allow me to share my thoughts with you.
- The wrongly spelt titles are a great turn-off. Numerology is fine but ‘Kasautii Zindagii Kay’ and ‘Kahani Terrii Merrii’ just fail to impress me, literally.
- Barring a couple of actors, the cast is usually represented by a bunch of makeup-laden non-actors.
- Plots of all her serials are so identical that if you don’t pay proper attention, you might end up mixing the affairs and come up with your own story.
- The only originality that we find in her serials is the concept of ageless personalities. Her characters just refuse to grow old. In fact the problem is so extreme that it is practically impossible to differentiate the saas (mothers-in-law) from the bahus (daughters-in-law).
- Irrespective of the storyline or the plot, polygamy and extra-marital affairs rule her serials.
- The characters die and re-appear at their own will, making a mockery of the audience.
- The serials clearly defy the laws of physics, and once they are on air, they never come down! The serials are over-stretched.
- The occasional inclusion of some famous Bollywood track in any of the episode is done with the sole intention of buying more time.
- The serials induce a feeling of suspicion among family members.
- A clear and present danger to the concept of joint family
But these are only 10 and one might think, where are the other 91 reasons? Well, the final and the most important reason is that I hate Ekta Kapoor for corrupting the brains of youngsters and torturing the rest of us with her idiotic and senseless serials. And I don’t mind playing this in a loop for 91 times. So, that completes the list of 101 reasons.
Moreover, you are free to cite the final reason as many times as your conscious permits you and come out with your own extended list of reasons to hate her serials.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments
View more jobs