During our discussion he told me that he had written an article about things to do etc and he forwarded to me the link to the same which I am also copying to this write up with due credits to him.
However, I then decided to add some of my own items to the brief list of things to do before your die, which I have compiled for all of you.
Do it now because there is no statutory notice required for any of us before we may suddenly pop off and these are listed in the order of priority as under:
1. Create a list of all your properties, movable and immovable.
2. List out all your bank assets, accounts, lockers etc and get your nominations recorded in each of these bank assets.
3. Get your nominations recorded and registered in respect of all your immovable properties in any cooperative society.
4. List out all your things that you have and the persons to whom you would want these things to go to.
5. Make a proper and legal will of everything that you have and want to give to your loved ones you may leave behind, so that they do not become each other's enemies and blame you for having left them to fight. Seal a copy of this will and hand over to the executors and all the beneficiaries.
6. Create a pendrive of all your passwords, software serial numbers, seal it in a box and keep it in your locker with clear instructions to be opened only after your funeral. Leave instructions on how your email, Facebook, Twitter and other digital accounts like internet banking account, credit card details, income tax passwords, PAN, TIN, CIN numbers and other passwords and login IDs and how these assets are to be dealt with and closed. You may continue to get important mails relating to many issues from various sources.
7. Express your desire as to what you would want your loved ones to do and when in the event of your hanging between life and death and when they should pull the plug from the ventilator. There is no point in their being advised to unnecessarily continue the torture you on medical advice. Choose a person who has a logical mind rather than an emotional to decide for you.
8. Leave detailed instructions about donation of organs, if you would like your body parts to survive the funeral and lend life to some needy person. No point in destroying useful parts of your body when you are no longer there to enjoy.
9. Leave instructions relating to your funeral and whether you want your heirs or relatives to follow rituals or not and to what extent and for what duration. Limit and set aside expenses for this purpose specifically. Most of the relatives follow all kinds of rituals due to assumed pressure of the society and tradition. You can liberate them from this burden.
10. Leave a letter for all those who have been close to you either
a. Asking for their forgiveness for whatever hurt you may have caused to them.
b. Thanking for all the things that they may have done for you.
c. Leave a note in respect of things, assets and moneys you have lent to people which you would want to be recovered.
d. This last one is optional and not necessary. Write down all the abuses for the people who may have hurt you or whom you have hated in your life and don't want to forgive. Tell them you will come back to haunt them.
11. Keep regularly updating this information. You may survive for a longer period of time than you expected.
12. If you think of anything else before you die please add to this list and forward to me.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments