Submit :
News                      Photos                     Just In                     Debate Topic                     Latest News                    Articles                    Local News                    Blog Posts                     Pictures                    Reviews                    Recipes                    
  
Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Here's how Bollywood reacted to Karan Johar's video appeal
Ever since India-Pakistan relationship turned sour post the Uri terror attack, a lot has been said and done. The Indian film industry too faced the brunt with MNS demanding ban on all Pakistani artistes working in India.

On Tuesday, filmmaker Karan Johar had released a video appeal on the controversy around his upcoming film, 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' in which Pakistani actor Fawad Khan has also acted.

In the video message that the filmmaker shared online, he said, "For me, my country comes first… When I shot Ae Dil Hai Mushkil from September to December last year, the (political) climate was completely different. There were efforts made by our government for peaceful relationships with the neighboring country… Going forward, I would like to say that of course I wouldn't engage with talent from the neighboring country given the circumstance."

The 44-year-old producer-director also added that he won't want his 300 Indians as film crew to suffer.

"Over 300 Indian people in my crew have put their blood, sweat and tears into my film. I don't think it is fair for them to face turbulence on account of other fellow Indians. I respect the Army ... I condemn any form of terrorism," Johar added.

After he released the video message, people started reacting on Twitter. From filmmaker Anurag Kashyap to so-called film critic KRK reacted to the video.

Here's what they have to say:

In the meantime, there are also reports that Johar will meet Union home minister Rajnath Singh to seek trouble-free release of his upcoming movie.

Karan found himself in the middle of the controversies when he supported Pakistani actors saying the art shouldn't be confined to any border.

Single screen theatres have decided not to show his film after a threat was issued by the MNS that the film will not be allowed to screen anywhere including multiplexes.

Recently, some Bollywood filmmakers along with producers and other industry veterans had approached the higher police officials seeking security for multiplexes that are willing to screen the film.

COMMENTS (0)
Guest
Name
Email Id
Verification Code
Email me on reply to my comment
Email me when other CJs comment on this article
}
Sign in to set your preference
Advertisement
merinews for RTI activists


Advertisement
Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.