2. Floods due to over flow of Sutlej river
3. Seepage problem in Sri Muktsar and Abohar areas
4. Shortage of health, education services and employment opportunities.
5. Backwardness due to border areas and non-existence of industry
6. Drugs, inflation and unemployment
7. Black marketing of sand, gravel and imposition of property tax
8. Non availability of train services for Sri Amritsar Sahib, Haridawar religious places.
9. Spreading of chronic diseases like cancer, hepatitis etc. due to unhygienic water under earth.
10.Non payment of compensation faced by the farmers for cultivation of
land beyond the wire-fencing on Indo-Pak border
How far the candidate, if elected as MP from Ferozepur would be successful will depend on as to which government is formed at the Centre. In case the government at the centre is of the opposite party in the state, the position would be totally different as far as Punjab is concerned, for allotment of funds. It is normally seen that step-motherly treatment is given to the states, which do not enjoy the same status in the political circle at the centre.
Take the case of opening of Hussainiwala border, after 1971, all leaders have been promising to get it opened for trade purpose, nothing has been done so far except the promises rather Ferozepur district used to be one of the biggest district in the state, has now been reduced to a narrow strip of land.
The major projects announced so far – degree college and PGI Satellite Centre, domestic air port are only running on papers only.
In the past, it
has been seen that there have been credit war on allotment for
certain major projects in Ferozepur by the Congress and Akali-BJP
leaders, which delays in completion of projects, with one or the
other reason in procedural formalities using the delaying tactics, to
downgrade the other candidate. In this ‘pull and push’, the
ultimate sufferer are people who are deprived of the basic
facilities, despite promises from the leaders during the elections
and they continue to wait for the next elections.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments