2. Average Assets of Re-elected MLAs in 2008 Elections: The average assets of these 92 re-elected MLAs as declared in the Karnataka 2008 Assembly Elections is Rs 17.53 Crore.
3. Average Assets of Re-elected MLAs in 2013 Elections: The average asset of these 92 re-elected MLAs now in 2013 is Rs30.15 Crore.
4. Average Asset growth of Re-elected MLAs in 5 years (2008-2013): The average assets of these 92 re-elected MLAs have grown by 72% or by Rs. 12.62 Crore.
5. Average Asset growth of all MLAs in 5 years (2008-2013): The average asset per MLA in the Karnataka 2013 Assembly Elections is Rs 23.54 Crore. In 2008, it was Rs. 10.02 crores. This is an increase of nearly 135%.
6. Party Wise Average Asset Increase: 43 re-elected MLAs of INC have shown an average asset increase of Rs 17.57 crores, their assets have increased from Rs 29.64 crore in 2008 to 47.21 crores in 2013.
Similarly, for 30 MLAs of BJP the average asset increase is Rs 6.47 crores (Rs 7.37 crores in 2008 to Rs 13.84 crores in 2013). 12 re-elected MLAs of JD(S) have shown an average increase in assets of Rs 13.35 crores (from Rs 7.32 crores in 2008 to Rs 20.67 crores in 2013). 2 re-elected MLAs of BSRC showed an increase of Rs 11.85 crores (from Rs 10.40 crores in 2008 to Rs 22.25 crores in 2013), 3 re-elected IND MLAs have shown an increase of Rs. 4.54 crores, while 1 each re-elected MLAs of KJP and SP showed an increase of Rs 4.01 crores and Rs. 9.51 crores respectively.
7. Highest growth In Assets in 5 years (2008-2013): The maximum growth in assets has been for D. K. Shivakumar of INC from Kanakapura Constituency. He has declared an increase of Rs. 175.9 crore i.e from Rs. 75.5 Crore in 2008 to Rs. 251 Crore in 2013. Assets of Priyakrishna of INC from Govindrajnagar have increased by Rs 143.36 Crore, i.e. from Rs. 767.6 crore in 2008 to Rs 910.9 Crore in 2013. Assets of Santhosh Lad of INC from Kalaghatgi Constituency have risen by Rs 124.8 Crore, from Rs 61.5 Crore in 2008 to Rs 186.4 Crore in 2013.
8. Decline in Assets: 3 re-elected MLAs have shown a decrease in their assets from 2008 to 2013. They are: Pratapgowda Patil of INC from Maski Constituency with a decrease of 58% (from Rs. 94.18 lakhs in 2008 to 39.75 lakhs in 2013) followed by C.T. Ravi of BJP from Chickmagalur Constituency with 54% decrease in assets (from Rs.7.85 crores in 2008 to 3.59 crores in 2013) and S. Muniraju of BJP from Dasarahalli with 32% decrease in assets (from Rs. 20.12 crores in 2008 to 13.75 crores in 2013)
· Crorepati MLAs: 93% or 203 MLAs out of the 218 analyzed are crorepatis. In 2008, 63% MLAs were crorepatis.
· Party Wise Crorepati MLAs: 95% or 112 out of 118 MLAs analyzed of INC are crorepatis followed by 93% or 37 out of 40 MLAs analyzed of BJP and 95% or 36 out of 38 MLAs analyzed of JD (S) are crorepatis
· Average Assets: The average asset per MLA in the Karnataka 2013 Assembly Elections is Rs 23.54 Crore. In 2008, it was Rs. 10.02 crores. Among the re-elected MLAs for whom data is available, average assets of these 92 re-elected MLAs have grown by72% or by Rs. 12.62 Crore.
· Party-wise Average Assets: Party-wise, the average asset per MLA for INC is Rs 31.39 Crore, for BJP it is Rs 13.06 Crore, for JD (S) it is Rs 12.13 Crore, for Independents it is Rs 22.96 Crore, for KJP is Rs 5.51 Crore and for BSRC it is Rs 11.68 Crore.
· Highest Asset MLAs: Priya Krishna of INC from Govindrajnagar Constituency has declared the highest assets worth Rs. 910.98 crores, followed by N. Nagaraju (MTB) of INC from Hosakota Consituency with assets worth Rs 470.13 crore and Anil Lad of INC from Bellary City with assets worth Rs 288.98 Crore.
· Low Asset MLAs: 3 MLAs have declared assets less than Rs. 50 Lakhs.
· Lowest Asset MLAs: HP Rajesh of INC from Jagalur Constituency has declared that he has assets worth only Rs. 7.50 Lakhs, followed by Pratapgowda Patil of INC from Maski Constituency with assets worth Rs. 39.75 Lakhs and Doddamani Ramakrishna Shidlingappa of INC from Shirahatti Consituency with assets worth Rs 40.67 Lakhs.
· Liabilities: A total of 21 MLAs out of the 218 analyzed have declared liabilities of Rs. 10 Crores and above.
· Highest Liability MLAs: The top three MLAs with highest declared liabilities are (in decreasing order): Priya Krishna of INC from Govindrajnagar Constituency has declared the highest liabilities worth Rs. 777.79 Crores, followed by D.K Shivakumar of INC from Kanakapura Constituency with liabilities of Rs. 105.23 Crores and M.Krishnappa of INC from Vijaynagar Constituency with liabilities of Rs. 78.77 Crores.
· Undeclared PAN 5% or 10 out of 218 MLAs analyzed from the Karnataka 2013 Assembly Elections have not declared their PAN details.
· Undeclared PAN Party-wise: 5 out of 118 MLAs of INC have not declared their PAN. Similarly, 2 out of 38 from JD (S), 1 out of 6 of KJP, 1 out of 4 from BSRC and 1 SKP MLA have not declared PAN details.
· MLAs who have declared Income: 191 MLAs out of the 218 analyzed have declared that they have filed their Income Tax Returns.
· Highest Income declared in their last ITR: N.A. Harris of INC from Shantinagar Constituency has declared the highest income in his last filed ITR of Rs. 49.98 crores followed by N. Nagaraju of INC from Hosakote Constituency with an income of Rs. 21.12 crores and Pramod Madhawaraj of INC from Udupi Constituency with an income of Rs. 18.21 crores.
· MLAs with Criminal Cases: 34% or 74 of the 218 MLAs analyzed have declared criminal cases against them. In 2008, 20% MLAs had declared criminal cases.
· Party-Wise Criminal Cases: INC has 37 out of 118 (31 %), BJP has 13 out of 40 (33 %), JD(S) has 12 out of 38 (32 %), KJP has 3 out of 6 (50 %), BSRC has 2 out of 4 (50 %), SP has 1 out of 1 (100 %), KMP has 1 out of 1 (100 %), SKP had 1 out of 1 (100 %) MLAs who have declared criminal cases.
· MLAs with Serious Criminal Cases: Out of the 74 MLAs with criminal cases, 39 MLAs have declared serious criminal cases like attempt to murder, kidnapping, dacoity, assault against women etc.
· MLAs who have declared Murder related Cases: 5 MLAs have declared that they have murder related cases against them. They are: Vijayananad Kashappanavar of INC from Hungund Consituency, BM Nagaraj of INC from Siruguppa Consituency, Sambhaji Lakshman Patil, an independent candidate from Belguam Dakshin, Dattatraya C. Patil Revoor of BJP from Gulbarga Dakshin Constituency and B. Sreeramulu of BSRC from Bellary Consitituency.
· MLAs with cases under Prevention of Corruption Act: 11 MLAs have declared that they have been charged under Prevention of Corruption Act. Among them, 4 are from BJP, 3 from INC and 1 each from BSRC, KMP, KJP and an IND MLA.
· Other Background details (Education, Gender, Age):
MLAs’ Education 63% or 138 out of 218 MLAs analyzed are graduates and above.
MLAs’ Age: A total of 17 MLAs are aged 40 or less. A total of 8 MLAs out of the total analyzed are aged 70 or above. Women MLAs: Out of all 218 MLAs, 5 (2%) are women in the Karnataka 2013 Assembly. INC and BJP both have 2 women MLAs followed by JD(S) with one woman MLA. In 2008, 3 women MLAs got elected.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments