It also discussed as to how can our foreign relations be improved, black money, social security etc. It discussed Ram-Mandir under the head of cultural heritage but not presented as a Hindu religious demand and reiterated to sort out with the constitutional framework.
Oppositions are screaming that BJP is back to communal Ram Mandir agenda. Uniform civil code issue is promised at the behest direct principle of constitution. Thus, it?s also not communal rather a Constitutional requirement, which others didn?t dare to take up.
Moreover, it appears to be a dream manifesto and if one goes through this unbiased, and then he would find it very appealing. Many say it as Modifesto. If Modifesto could be so good, then what?s wrong to have a Modifesto?
However I find something missing in this manifesto. Those are as below.
1) It talks about Police-Reform but what about autonomous status of CBI, CVC etc? This is a demand by BJP and public too. But remaining silent on it doesn?t spread a good message.
2) Modi always speaks about empowering people. There is no mention in the manifesto how to empower (except through employment and seeking participation in policy) them. Seeking participation in policy is a broader term and doesn?t deal with specifically how. We have Panchayati Raj Institutions, which have not yet transferred the responsibility and authority. For a Primary school issue, the education minister has to take a call, or for a drain issue, the states rural minister has to do the needful. I expected empowering of PRIs in this manifesto, which is missing. I don?t think everything can be done by central government or state government. Unless and until the PRIs are empowered, there would be no true empowering.
3) RTE passed since 2005. UPA couldn?t implement it. BJP is silent about it in the manifesto.
4) Although there is promise of center-state improved relation, but road-map appears to be ambiguous as what are the steps that can make India?s federal structure to have more robust relation, communication and partnering in the development. The main issue of revenue sharing and special package to trailing states are not clear.
5) There is no clear road map for simplifying the tax system.
I hope others
would also find some anomalies, which I may have failed to notice.
Despite of all these, this is best BJP manifesto since its inception
and in the context of general election 2014, it?s simply a
no-nonsense manifesto, which every-one should read.