Submit :
News                      Photos                     Just In                     Debate Topic                     Latest News                    Articles                    Local News                    Blog Posts                     Pictures                    Reviews                    Recipes                    
  
Chandrababu Naidu-led TDP govt policies are 'anti-farmer': Jagan Mohan Reddy
Reiterating that the anti-farmer policies of Chandrababu Naidu have been badly affecting the rural landscape, Leader of Opposition in Andhra Pradesh assembly and YSRCP chief, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has said that irrigation has never been on the priority list of TDP while YSR policies had gushed hope into the farmers and agriculture in the state.

Addressing the farmers yesterday as part of the Rythu Mahadharna conducted at Kadapa collectorate, he said that Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu speaks of various irrigation projects but never completes even a single one.

Though there are projects like Gandikota and Brahmasagar which had seen completion of 80 per cent of works during YSR term, he accused that Naidu failed to complete remaining 20 per cent works.

Though Chandrababu Naidu boasts of putting Information Technology to the best use, Jagan wondered that he suddenly wakes up to find that the state is facing severe drought and the cabinet has no time to discuss the steps to mitigate the drought though it has time to discuss the Swiss Challenge method for capital formation.

He asked why the state level Bankers' meeting has been postponed beyond the assembly session as the state would draw a flak and farmers have been hit hard by TDP governance from the beginning.

He accused that on one side Naidu has been allowing water to drawn from Srisailam indiscriminately and has been showing no interest to complete the Telugu Ganga, Galeru Nagari, Handri Neva and other projects which benefit the farmers immensely. Jagan lamented that Naidu's policies have been against the interests of farmers and continues to pursue them.

"We demand that water should be given to farmers who come under KC Canal by January next to cover 92,000 acres of land. The submergence issue of Ghandikota should be solved and the project should be completed and at least 12 TMC water should be stored," Jagan said.

COMMENTS (0)
Guest
Name
Email Id
Verification Code
Email me on reply to my comment
Email me when other CJs comment on this article
}
Sign in to set your preference
Advertisement
merinews for RTI activists


Advertisement
Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.