Now, EPF members will be able to directly approach the EPFO website and obtain e-Passbook after entering the following details:
• Establishment registration number (PF Code Number)
• Extension Code (if any)
• Employee PF Number and
• Name as per PF account slip
The e-Passbook will be available, subject to reconciliation of payments with the returns filed by companies. This e-Passbook facility is available only to active members. However, it won't be available to:
• Employees whose PF claims have been settled
• Employees whose accounts have become inoperative.
• Employees who belong to Exempted Establishments which run their own PF trust
Welcoming the initiative, HR Advisors believe e-Passbook facility will lead to greater transparency. It will help the companies and employees in ascertaining that proper amounts are being credited to employee PF accounts. Over 55 million subscribers of the retirement fund body Employees' Provident Fund Organisation will benefit from this facility.
Link for registration on member portal is http://members.epfoservices.in.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments