The eminent faculty included Dr R K Dutta, Dr TV Venkateswaran, Prof CK Ghosh, Prof Amitabh Mukherjee, Prof Ashok Lal, Nitin Srivastava, Anjali Rai Mehta, Dr Rumesh Chandra, Shri Matiur Rahman, Dr Ram Singh Yadav, Dr HK Chopra, B K Veda Vyas; Dr ML Chawla, Dr K Kanwar, Prof. Mohd Mohsin, Dr B K Singh and Hemant Shah.
In his introductory remarks, Dr. KK Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India, said that as per Vedic philosophy, the body is made up of non matter and the substance which converts the non-matter into matter has been identified as Higgs Boson.
In India, we have different pathies working at different atomic levels. Classical Homeopathy and Bhasma Therapy in Ayurveda both work at the level of non-matter.?Yoga and meditation also work at the level of consciousness. The identification of Higgs Boson in future may help in dealing with healthcare in a more positive and productive way.
Key points of the seminar
1. The Large Hadron Collider has produced the Higgs Boson Particles and this observation has stirred the imagination of scientists and philosophers. The confirmation of the observation will provide the missing links in the Standard Model theory.
2. The Higgs Boson has been the focus of great scientific speculation since it can account for the mass of key components of the universe-planets, stars and humans.
3. Typical 'candidate' events when two high-energy photons collide have been observed and this has been a great international experiment at CERN.
4. The grand unified theory that will unite three of the four fundamental forces (weak, force, electromagnetic force and strong force) will get a significant support now.
5. Dr Peter Higgs had hypothesized the existence of the Higgs field and the Higgs Boson about 50 years ago and experiments have now verified his theory.
6. The origin of the universe and the few moments after the ‘Big Bang’ has been the subject of intense research and there is excitement because of the data now being generated.
7. Indian scientists and engineers have contributed to the facility in terms of vital equipment, designing experiments and analyzing the data. This is a significant achievement.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments
View more jobs