Following were the highlights:
1. It is now possible to give a blood transfusion to a person without getting in any blood transfusion reaction.
2. Nobody should suffer from pain and it is possible to get rid of painkillers in 2-3 months’ time.
3. It is now possible to do an aortic valve replacement without surgery using a catheter.
4. It is now possible to save 40 lives from a brain dead donor.
5. Intestinal transplant is now possible in the country.
6. If you have one ova and one sperm, fertility is now possible.
7. Midline incision in the chest is no more required for bypass surgery and for valvular surgery.
8. It is now possible to combine the bypass surgery with stent angioplasty in one sitting and give better results to the patients.
9. It is now possible to do cataract surgery practically without stitches and with near normal vision without spectacles.
10. It is now possible to do surgery in very high obesity using a robot both in adult and in children successfully.
11. With capsule endoscopy it is now possible to examine small intestine of a patient.
Doctor of the year awards were also distributed and the recipients included: Dr. Ramesh Kumar Bapna, Dr. Harish Gupta, Dr. Narender Saini, Dr. (Maj. Gen.) AS Bath, Dr. JPS Sawhney, Dr. SM Chugh, Dr. Naveen Tuli, Dr KS Bhagotia, Dr Sukrit Sharma, Dr SK Mittaland and Dr AK Bansal.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments