- Purchase fireworks from licensed sellers
- Read the instructions on the label of the crackers before using them, particularly when the cracker is new to use.
- Store the firework items in closed urns and keep them away from the reach of children and from any combustible or inflammatory substances.
- Always burst crackers in an open field and check for any combustible or inflammable substances around it
- Always burn the crackers under the guidance of elders and maintain a safe distance from them
- Keep a bucketful of water, burn ointments and fire extinguishers handy as first aid
- While bursting crackers, tie the hair properly, if you have long hair
- Avoid wearing long and loose clothes as there are chances of it catching fire. Instead, wear fitted cotton clothes
- Take special care of kids
- Put cotton plugs in your ears to avoid damage
- It is advisable to stay indoors if you have respiratory problems
- Check that you don’t have any combustible substances on your rooftop.
- Use your footwear while bursting crackers
- Always keep a first aid box within your reach
- Never burst the cracker in a closed container in order to get more sound
- Use candle to light the crackers
- Make sure that the diyas and candles are away from the firecrackers
- Ensure that the lights that are used for decoration are not tied to metal poles