- Purchase fireworks from licensed sellers
- Read the instructions on the label of the crackers before using them, particularly when the cracker is new to use.
- Store the firework items in closed urns and keep them away from the reach of children and from any combustible or inflammatory substances.
- Always burst crackers in an open field and check for any combustible or inflammable substances around it
- Always burn the crackers under the guidance of elders and maintain a safe distance from them
- Keep a bucketful of water, burn ointments and fire extinguishers handy as first aid
- While bursting crackers, tie the hair properly, if you have long hair
- Avoid wearing long and loose clothes as there are chances of it catching fire. Instead, wear fitted cotton clothes
- Take special care of kids
- Put cotton plugs in your ears to avoid damage
- It is advisable to stay indoors if you have respiratory problems
- Check that you don’t have any combustible substances on your rooftop.
- Use your footwear while bursting crackers
- Always keep a first aid box within your reach
- Never burst the cracker in a closed container in order to get more sound
- Use candle to light the crackers
- Make sure that the diyas and candles are away from the firecrackers
- Ensure that the lights that are used for decoration are not tied to metal poles
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments