represented sectors such as Banking, Finance and Insurance, Chemicals, Steel,
Automobile and Tools, Energy and Power, Paper, Mining and Petroleum, Technology
and Outsourcing, Pharmaceuticals, Electronics, Hospitality, Civil Engineering
and Tools, Healthcare and Beauty, Media, Construction and Real estate and FMCG.
Some of the other key findings are:
1. Of the 43 companies, 37 note that CSR is an integral part of the organization
2. In terms of budget allocation, 10 companies invest less than 1% of their annual income, 6 companies invest more than 3% and the remaining 23 companies invest somewhere between 1-3 %.
3. Most common partnerships stated by companies have been community led partnerships which are executed with community participations and building local institutions.
4. 38 companies promote employee volunteering
5. 21 companies report on Clause 39 compliance which focuses on Corporate Governance and transparency
6. 40 companies document process and progress of their CSR activities
7. 37 companies have business ethics as an active part of their HR policies
The award winners of 'FICCI CSR Award 2012-13' in the public and private sectors include GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited, Cairn India Limited, NTPC Limited, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Nature Bio-Foods Limited, Elin Appliances Pvt. Ltd. and ACC Limited. (List of awardees attached.)
Appreciation plaque were given away to finalists, which include Amway India Enterprises Pvt. Ltd., Standard Chartered Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland, KPIT Technologies Limited and HUL.
On the occasion, a Public Interest Film 'BABULA' on Save the Girl Child by Sun Foundation was also released.
'FICCI Corporate Social Responsibility Award', which until 2012 was known as 'Businessworld FICCI Corporate Social Responsibility Award' was instituted in 1999. This award aims at identifying and recognising the efforts of companies in integrating and internalising Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) into their core business operations.
The award recognises efforts of the companies which engage in CSR in a strategic and systematic manner and integrate it with their overall corporate strategy. Over the years, a number of companies including ITC Limited, Mahindra & Mahindra, SAIL, Tata Tea, Infosys, Tata Chemicals, HINDALCO, TISCO, TELCO, Lupin, Gujarat Ambuja Cement, etc. have been recognised for their exemplary work in the area of CSR.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments