Submit :
News                      Photos                     Just In                     Debate Topic                     Latest News                    Articles                    Local News                    Blog Posts                     Pictures                    Reviews                    Recipes                    
Elderly man swallows his denture while eating vada pav in Mumbai, rushed to hospital
Ram Kuber, a 77-year-old Mumbai resident had to be admitted to the JJ Hospital after eating one of the most popular street foods of the city - 'vada pav,' which is also known as 'Bombay Burger,' and is served across Maharashtra.

According to the media report, the elderly man accidentally swallowed his own denture while eating vada pav, after which he complained of unbearable stomach ache.

Soon after this incident, he was rushed to the hospital for treatment where the doctor told him that he will have to be operated upon.

"In a shocking revelation, he said that he swallowed his tooth while having food. A general inspection led to a conclusion that something was stuck in the stomach that needed to be operated," a senior doctor said.

Before performing the operation, a pipe was inserted in his stomach by the doctors, who informed that luckily the tooth had not caused any cuts or perforations inside his stomach.

The doctor said, "On Friday, Kuber had swallowed his tooth while he was having a vada pav, after which he came to the emergency ward to undergo an esophagoscopy. A pipe was inserted in his stomach and then

he was operated upon."

Talking about such cases, the doctor advised that often dentures tend to loosen up over a period of time, hence people should visit the hospital or dental clinic for regular check-ups. Currently, Kuber's condition is said to be stable. He has been kept on a feeding tube for 10 days, the doctor said.

"Feeding tube is a precautionary measure to be sure that no other part of the body has been damaged," the doctor further said.

However, it is not the first time when such a case has come to light. Earlier, a 45-year-old Mumbai man had to be admitted to the city's SevenHills Hospital after he accidentally swallowed his denture while drinking water.

Email Id
Verification Code
Email me on reply to my comment
Email me when other CJs comment on this article
Sign in to set your preference
merinews for RTI activists

Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.