His establishment of Khalsa is considered as an important event in Sikhism's history including his declaration that the Guru Granth Sahib as the next permanent Sikh Guru.
He believed in casteless and non-ritualistic society and stressed belief in one God who is the master and protector of all. "Women shall be equal of men in every way. No purdah (veil) for them anymore, nor the burning alive of a widow on the pyre of her spouse (sati). He who kills his daughter, the Khalsa shall not deal with him,” he had said while founding the Khalsa.
Some of famous quotes of Guru Gobind Singh are as follows.
- Day and night, meditate forever on the Lord.
- Without the Name, there is no peace.
- There is no friend, other than the Name of the Lord, the Lord's humble servants reflect upon this and see.
- God blesses them with the treasure of devotional worship, which no one can take away. They obtain the treasure of virtue, the One True Lord, within their minds.
- By perfect good karma, you shall meet the True Guru, and then the Dear Lord, by His Sweet Will, shall bless you with His Mercy.
- They are always at peace, and immaculately pure, they perform service for the True Guru.
- The ignorant person is totally blind; he does not appreciate the value of the jewel (human birth).
- The world is blind and ignorant, in the love of duality, it engages in actions.
- Egotism is such a terrible disease, in the love of duality, they do their deeds.
- In egotism, one is assailed by fear; he passes his life totally troubled by fear.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments