Every organization should have an aim and objective. Unfortunately, the RSS’ aim and objective is not clear to me. I couldn't find anything on your Website on the subject.
If your aim is to establish a Hindu Rajya, it is unrealistic. The constitution of India says we are a secular country. You cannot change the constitution unless BJP has two thirds majority at the same time in both houses of the parliament. That is almost impossible. BJP allies don't support Hindutva. Majority of Hindu voters do not believe in Hindutva. It is also relevant that India has a secular tradition that dates back to at least 2000 years. The first church and mosque were permitted to be built by Hindu kings within the first 100 years of the death of Jesus Christ and Prophet Muhammad. Parsis and Sufis, prosecuted in their own countries, were all welcomed and given shelter here.
If your aim is to protect the Hindus, you are powerless. The RSS lathi is no match for terrorist guns and explosives. The days of partition are over. The Army, police and paramilitary forces are supposed to protect the Hindus in today's India. They are quite effective. We have never had a pure Hindu Raj since 1105 CE when Prithwi Raj Chauhan lost the second battle of Tarrain. Shivaji’s was a Hindu Raj but he had many Muslims in his army and government.
If you are trying to preserve Hindutva, you need to clarify what it means. If it is perpetuating the caste system, rule of elders, denying equal rights to women, confining women indoors and not allowing them to work or dress as they like, making people ritual oriented, you are doomed to fail.
In spite of your over 30,000 Adarsh Vidya Mandir Schools with about one crore students doing Shanti Path and giving commands in Sanskrit, there are very few takers of Hindutva. Hindutva of the past had two streams. One, Bramhin dominated, was ritualistic and exploitive of the lower castes and women. It was hated and gave rise to Jainism and Buddhism and conversion of lower castes to Muslim and Christian religions. The other, followed by the noble kings and today's Arya Samaj was open, tolerant and welcomed all. Even some Muslim families and women and many Christians admire it. Which Hindutva does RSS stand for?
Suggestions for Becoming Effective
1. The aim of RSS should be to strengthen and protect Mother India. The hidden aim can be to capture power and make India a Hindu Rashtra.
2. Dress. The khaki shorts and white shirt must go. There is nothing Hindu about it. Khaki shorts were worn by the British army and police in 1930s. The dress should be olive green trousers or track suit with orange T Shirts. It will make the wearer look smart rather than like policemen from the British era and attract young people.
3. The “Lathi”. Please discard it. It has no relevance today. One can exercise with the “lathi”. One can learn unarmed combat. But drilling with lathi is silly.
4. Discard Sanskrit. Very few understand it. If people read Ramayan, it is because Tulsi Das translated it in Hindi and made it possible for everyone to read it. If the “Arti” Om Jai Jagadeesh Hare …. Can be in Hindi, why can’t all prayers be in vernacular languages and in English so that every one can understand what they are praying.
5. Discard “Shanti Path”. What Hindus need is to worship “Shakti” and not “Shanti” or “Shuv Labh”. Shanti without “Shakti” can only come by surrendering independence and self respect. The basic theme of our prayer should be “Oh God! Please give us the wisdom to do the right things, the strength to live by our convictions and lead a clean and honest life, the courage to fight for our country, our society, our family, our rights, for the truth and our religion, the cunning to defeat our enemies, the compassion to help the poor and the needy and the magnanimity to rise above greed and jealousy.
6. Discards Stress on Sacrifice and Stress on Winning. The Hindu history is full of tales of valiant sacrifice yet defeat. The Hindu never learned the art of winning wars. Sacrifice or “balidan” only requires fool hardy courage. Winning requires a cunning strategy, planning, preparation, mustering of resources, unity and team spirit, discipline, leadership and a sense of knowing when to fight and when to avoid it.
7. Encourage RSS cadres to join NCC, IAS, the armed forces, police and paramilitary forces. Power is with these organizations. You cannot have power unless you have your people in these organizations.
8. Help BJP win Elections and not Lose Them. Without political power, RSS can never achieve its goal and will slowly become irrelevant like the thousands of NGOs who serve themselves rather than the country and the people. But when RSS dictates policy to the BJP, imposes RSS cadres as candidates and chief ministers and works to defeat non RSS BJP leaders, it ensures that BJP is defeated. Even if all RSS cadres voted for BJP, it would not be enough to win 10 seats. BJP will win if the majority of the people of India vote for it. There is no way the majority of people will vote for RSS. Why should they?
9. Bring in the Women. Recognize that empowerment of the women of India is real and here to stay. Today women are active in every field and fight shoulder to shoulder with men whether they are on the side of Maoists or security forces. More women vote than men. If women don't vote for BJP, it can never win. Durga Bahini is eyewash. No woman has shared a podium with you. You can only keep women out at your own peril. Minus women, you can never have political power. Trying to ensure RSS Pracharaks become PM and CMs by keeping leaders like Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje and Uma Bharti out will prevent BJP from ever forming government at the centre again.
10. Learn to co-exist with minorities. They are a part of India. Whether you like it or not, they are here to stay. We must have cordial relations with them. Otherwise all will suffer. The RSS should hold Iftar parties on next Id at all its centers.
RSS did a great job during partition and immediately thereafter. Dinosaurs once ruled the world. But they vanished because they could not adapt to the changing environment of the world. RSS and BJP will go the same way if it does not change with times and become more attractive to the people, particularly the young people of India and become a potent political force.
With warm regards,
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments
View more jobs