For instance, take a case where one is struggling hard to pay the fees of his ward pursuing higher education. I am sorry but at that time counselling does not work. Also, one cannot give up and sit back seeing the future getting destroyed! This is just one real life scenario. So how would you deal with such stress?
Will it not be a better option to pursue all connections and try borrowing - even if a much higher rate of interest is to be paid? In fact, while exploring all possible ways and means, the tension increases manifold and that is the time when one makes it or breaks it. Assurances are like rays of hope that you are not alone in this crucial phase. Support from family/friends and advice from the ones who had gone through a similar situation might prove helpful.
Also, sometimes we tend to misread the after effects of a situation. This happens especially in case things do not work out as planned. Even after fulfilling the targets by stretching all your resources and strength, the future is not very positive. Suppose one has somehow borne the expenses of higher education but then there is no suitable job out there. How would one deal with such stress?
This repeated testing and trying time lets you know of your inner strength, your self confidence and most importantly faith – on yourself and your god. The best possible remedy, which I can quote here with authority is that unless the situation comes under control; try to divert your mind. Develop some hobby and generate some interest.
For instance, during my job all these years, I used to love drafting on any official matter. Right from day one, this aspect of writing has given me immense pleasure. But honestly, I never thought of writing professionally. But now, I write at least one article on sport daily and the same is getting published with a tremendous response. During a time of crisis, my son advised me to try my hand in writing on sport and believe me it was not hard. The name of the game is positive approach. This works like magic.
Based on personal experience, the following generic remedies have proved soothing:
1) Have a group discussion. Share your apprehensions without any fear of being labelled as a weak person or fool
2) Get ready to face even the worst possible scenario
3) Do not give undue importance to the expenditure being incurred on sorting out things
4) Try not to give weightage to day-to-day problems like non availability of water or electricity. These can distract your focus from a much bigger issue
5) Try to develop some interest. Watch TV, enjoy music etc. I do understand initially, these measures might not appear very relaxing, but gradually these will become a tool to relax. You are never too old to try anything, be it social work, theatre or workshops
6) Sometime taking a lone walk proves fruitful. The more you sweat, the more your mind relaxes
7) Last, but not the least, as a stress buster – start sharing your opinion with others. That too without developing the fear of failure. This world is full of human beings going through similar phases of life and they tend to understand your feelings
I do hope that
we will be able to get a few more viable suggestions and experiences
right here. By caring and sharing we can sort out many issues in
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments