Submit :
News                      Photos                     Just In                     Debate Topic                     Latest News                    Articles                    Local News                    Blog Posts                     Pictures                    Reviews                    Recipes                    
Indian Mujahideen (IM) behind both Patna and Bodh Gaya blasts
Tehsin Akhtar alias Monu, Indian Mujahideen's new commander was the mastermind behind the bomb attack on Narendra Modi's crowded rally to kill women and children in large numbers. He wanted to set off a stampede and was present at Gandhi Maidan to supervise the bombers, says media reports.

Son of a small time chemist from Maniyarpur village in Samastipur, Akhtar has been giving the security agencies a slip for many years.  He was also the main suspect in Bodh Gaya blasts and at 23, he may be the youngest person to head Indian Mujahideen after the arrest of Bhatkal from Nepal. A year before the Patna blasts, he was sought to be persuaded by the Security Agencies through his family to surrender but in vain as he thought that he was doing his work and was not a misguided youth.

Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative Imtiaz Ansari who was fortuitously arrested with explosives stated that Monu was the main mastermind behind both the Patna and Bodh Gaya blasts and has provided vital leads on the bombers and the terror plot. However, it is not just his statement that has connected Patna blasts to the ones in Bodh Gaya, but even the bombs used at Gandhi Maidan point to the same group being involved in both the attacks.

Investigations by National Security Guard (NSG) and National Investigation Agency (NIA) have found that bombs used in both the blasts were almost similar and poorly assembled. The timers used in both blasts were Lotus brand table clocks manufactured in Rajkot, Gujarat and bought from Assam.  Officers of Intelligence Bureau and Gujarat Police had made Narendra Modi, who was to address the rally, delay his arrival at the venue by 40 minutes to avert any possible danger on him.

According to various media reports which quoted sources, Modi, who had touched down at Patna airport at 12.08 pm and insisted on addressing the rally even as bombs continued to go off but was persuaded by the officers to defer his arrival at the rally ground. The precaution was taken because of the apprehension that the bombers may have timed explosions to coincide with Modi's arrival at Gandhi Maidan, the crowded venue of the rally.

The precaution was justified as one of the bombs, planted closest to the dais, went off at 12.25, that is around the time Modi would have reached the ground had he set out immediately after touching down at Patna airport.  IM actually wanted to avenge Muzaffarnagar riots but by their action, they have polarised the Indian public on communal lines.

Email Id
Verification Code
Email me on reply to my comment
Email me when other CJs comment on this article
Sign in to set your preference
merinews for RTI activists

Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.