Submit :
News                      Photos                     Just In                     Debate Topic                     Latest News                    Articles                    Local News                    Blog Posts                     Pictures                    Reviews                    Recipes                    
  
iPhone 6 explodes in man's back pocket leaving him with third-degree burns
Is your iPhone safe anymore? Definitely not, if you hear about this freak accident which happened with this 36-year old Australian man.

According to a report published in The Daily Telegraph, Gareth Clear, a management consultant from Bondi suffered burn injuries after his Apple smartphone kept in his back pocket caught fire.


The 36-year old Australian man was mountain biking around Manly Dam area on Sunday afternoon when he fell from his bike and landed on his iPhone 6. A few seconds later he noticed smoke and heat emanating from the device. The phone which was just six-months old exploded melting his shorts and burning two layers of his skin. Ouch!

Clear suffered third-degree burn wounds on his upper right thigh. He had to undergo skin graft to cure his burns at the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney.

While the back of his iPhone 6 was completely damaged with the "metal bending and all the lithium leaking out from the bottom, the upper half remained completely intact.

Apple has told Clear that they would investigate the accident.

However, Clear said, "It's a bit random, the thing to be very specific about, the phone did hit the ground, it didn't just spontaneously combust. It was a one in one million chance I hit a part of the phone which pierced the lithium battery and it exploded."

COMMENTS (0)
Guest
Name
Email Id
Verification Code
Email me on reply to my comment
Email me when other CJs comment on this article
}
Sign in to set your preference
Advertisement
merinews for RTI activists


Advertisement
Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.