1. The first case of poll code violation was reported when U.P. Police registered a sedition case against 67 students of a Meerut based University , who were caught ,shouting-“Pakistan Zindabad” slogans after Pakistan won a Cricket match. J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, Former Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and U.P. Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav ensured that the sedition charges from these students are withdrawn to “appease” the minority community for furthering their vote bank politics. The Election Commission should have taken a very serious note of this incident and brought all these poll code violators to realise their mistake. Unfortunately, Election Commission, simply ignored this serious poll code violation, which encouraged leaders of the other political parties to indulge in the similar tactics for their political gains.
2. The second major case of poll code violation was reported, when the Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi met Shahi Imam and ensured that he issues an appeal to the Minority Community for voting in favor of the Congress Party. Surprisingly and shockingly, Election Commission, did not take any action in this matter also.
3. The third major case of poll code violation was reported when SP Leader Mulayam Singh Yadav, while addressing an election rally, defended the “rape” committed by the youngsters as a “mistake”. His another party leader Abu Azmi, gone a step further while addressing an election rally and desired that for reporting the rape crimes, women should be punished instead. Election Commssion did not take any action against these two poll code violators.
4. Election Commission displayed some promptness in taking the action against the Congress Leader from Saharanpur Imran Masood followed by similar actions against Azam Khan, Amit Shah, Giriraj Kishore, Baba Ramdev and Narendra Modi. However, the promptness, which was shown by the poll body in these cases, was altogether missing in all other instances of serious poll code violations.
5. Farooq Abdullah, Mamta Banerjee, Lalu Yadav and Beni Prasad Verma are the habitual poll code violators and poll body did not take any action against these persons.
Election Commission, not only failed in enforcing the Model Code of Conduct, it also failed to ensure the free and fair elections, specially, in the remote areas across the country.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments