Submit :
News                      Photos                     Just In                     Debate Topic                     Latest News                    Articles                    Local News                    Blog Posts                     Pictures                    Reviews                    Recipes                    
Justice for SP Mukul Dwivedi
#JusticeForMukul: Here's what actually happened at Jawahar Bagh in Mathura on recce day!
In a news report published in dna today, a lot of new revelations have come to light on what exactly happened on June 2 at Jawahar Bagh in Mathura, where city SP Mukul Dwivedi and Farah SHO Santosh Kumar Yadav were killed.

On June 2, a police force of around 300 personnel had gone to the park in Jawahar Bagh to conduct a reconnaissance before starting with the actual operation the next day to clear the encroachers. The force of 300 personnel was quickly overpowered by the members of the Swadhin Bharat Subhash Sena, who were armed with guns, explosives and bricks.

As soon as the mob of armed encroachers launched its first attack, the police personnel leading from the front panicked and fled the spot, leaving behind their injured colleagues. What proved even more fatal, leading to more casualties was lack of proper planning and the absence of even an ambulance, which could have provided medical attention to the wounded officers and transported them to the safety of a hospital.

While SSP Mukul Dwivedi was controlling from the left flank of the boundary wall, SSP rural AK Singh was in-charge of controlling the boundary wall from the right flank.

Singh told dna, "We went inside with the intention to talk to the encroachers and ask them to voluntarily leave. But we had two fatal injuries in the first five minutes of the operation."

Station Head Officer Santosh Yadav was the first casualty, after he was first hit by stones and then took a bullet right at the bridge of his nose. As the crowd of encroachers began to swell, continuously assaulting the police force with stones, a gunner armed with an AK-47 fell on the ground. No sooner than he had recovered, SP Dwivedi too fell on the ground, after being hit by a stone.

Although SP Dwivedi was wearing a bullet proof vest on that fateful day, his fall led to him losing his helmet, which proved fatal. The crowd continuously hit his head with lathis. His personal 6-8 armed humrahis and other officers fled in panic, leaving him at the mercy of armed encroachers.

Eventually, when the police force did manage to get Dwivedi and Yadav out from the clutches of the crowd, their injured bodies were kept of the side for at least 15 minutes, without providing them with any medical attention or even first aid, as the police personnel searched for a vehicle to carry to duo to a hospital, according to an eyewitness.

The vehicles were parked on the main road, which is a kilometre away from the boundary wall. Finally the duo were taken to the hospital in the city magistrate's car. While Yadav was pronounced dead on arrival, SP Dwivedi passed away a couple of hours later due to brain hemorrhage.

Brother of slain SP Dwivedi, Prafull said that he had heard the same version from the senior personnel who had come to condole the family.

A mourning Prafull said that Dwivedi, who had taken charge of Mathura SP after a promotion in February this year, often remarked to his colleagues and family, "Jawahar Bagh meri jaan lekar rahega." "And it really did."

Email Id
Verification Code
Email me on reply to my comment
Email me when other CJs comment on this article
Sign in to set your preference
merinews for RTI activists

Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.