It seems, the projects of women empowerment has been focusing on the domination of women over men. All this is leading to men being oppressed by new hierarchal structures and reverse stereotypes in society.
Now, in many parts of the world, men are getting organized for gender equity since the scales have turned in favour of women. Thus, a masculinity movement is in the offing.
Masculinists are ruing about the following:
• Recent one-sided legislations and their selective enforcement are leading to neglect of civil rights of and discrimination against men and boys.
• Disproportionate penalties for men as compared women for similar crimes.
• Lack of sympathy for male victims in domestic violence.
• Violence against men is taken less seriously than violence against women. Depiction of violence against men as humorous, in the media and elsewhere when women are also violent.
• Biases in the justice system against men, such as higher incarceration rates and longer sentences for men for the same crimes.