Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) is a syndrome that causes uneasiness and embarrassment to most women every month. About eighty five percent of the women worldwide are experiencing discomfort due to the symptoms of PMS. This article will provide you information about natural remedies and diet that will help you to beat the symptoms of PMS.
The exact cause of PMS is not clear, but some of the factors that may be involved to lead to symptoms can be - changes in hormonal levels and chemical changes in brain. The emotional problems such as stress and depression may not be directly involved in causing PMS symptoms but they make it even worse.
The symptoms of PMS are acne, feeling tired, tender breast, stomach upset, improper sleep, change in appetite, headache, back pain, loss of concentration, muscle pain and anxiety or depression. The symptoms of PMS varies from women to women.
Some natural ways to avoid symptoms of PMS are:
· Decrease the intake of salt during this period; it will help in fluid retention and blotting.
· Increase the intake of water; it will help in diluting the concentration of salt in the body.
· Avoid drinking coffee; as caffeine increases stress due to presence of caffiene.
· Try to have proper sleep; lack of sleep may cause tiredness.
· Include large amount of carbohydrates and fibers in your diet.
· Instead of taking three meals in a day, break it into four to five meals; it will help in maintaining blood sugar levels.
· Taking the supplements of vitamin E and vitamin B6 will help in decreasing the symptoms of PMS.
Here is a list, as per a website livestrong, of some of the foods that will ease the symptoms of PMS: Whole grains – eating whole grains during this period will help in providing nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates, which in turn will relieve the symptoms of PMS; Fruits and vegetables – fruits and vegetables are rich in soluble fires which can benefit the neurotransmitters in brain and ease the digestive system; Seafood, nuts and seeds – these contains omega-3 fatty acids which helps in balancing the hormonal levels in the body; and Dairy products – the calcium in dairy products helps to elevate the physical and emotional symptoms.