1) Very often, the parents do not tend to give much consideration and importance to the school that they opt for their children. Many parents - out of ignorance - think that when mediocre schools with a reasonable fee are present, there is no need for paying hefty fees. Many parents claim that if the child has got potential, he will outperform in any case. This tendency needs to change quickly
2) Many parents who can easily afford to pay higher fees prefer a school which is located nearby, thinking that it will save a lot of time for their child. This notion is not fair on the child
3) Many parents do not attend the parent-teacher meetings and do not take interest in progress of their child, assuming that teachers are there to see everything. Unless you are involved, you cannot track
4) Even if the child is lucky enough to get admission in a good school, parents do not bother to arrange for a suitable tuition for the child, thinking that it is sheer wastage of resources. But unless the child practices and overcomes his weaknesses, he cannot excel
5) Also, another strange tendency is seen among the so called literate parents that they do not expect much from the child. They have the notion that every child has his or her own destiny and they leave it on the so called ?luck? of the child. This practice of underestimating the child is harmful
6) People who are from the lower echelons of the society do not give weightage to higher studies, thinking that a degree in any stream will be enough. They do not think that their child is capable of becoming a professional. A man from a similar background once told me that the ultimate aim of sending his child to college was that it would be helpful in finding a suitable matrimonial alliance by enhancing the market value of the potential groom
7) The strangest phenomena which is seen even in the educated families is that they do not understand the importance of providing a suitable environment of studies to their children. No study tables/dedicated space is provided to the children. Many a times, parents do not consider it necessary to provide a suitable computer or laptop to their children as they think it is a wasteful expenditure
So it is imperative that before we tend to set high expectations from our children, we are liable to take care of their comfort zone. If a suitable environment is not provided, it is not fair to expect miracles. The world is highly competitive and parents really need to wake up.