NTPC achieved highest ever capacity addition of 4,170 MW, including 1,000 MW through its joint venture projects, to provide further push to the growth momentum gained over the previous two years.
With 18.4 per cent of India’s total installed capacity, NTPC accounted for 27.4 per cent of India’s total power generation during 2012-13 underlining its consistently high operational efficiency. NTPC remained the market leader and also among the cheapest producers of power. The company’s power generation capacity has reached 41,187 MW.
The company’s sale offer of additional 9.5 per cent government equity stake during FY13 proved an overwhelming success in an otherwise depressed atmosphere in the domestic equity market.
Following this disinvestment, the government shareholding in NTPC now stands at 75 per cent.
Raising the bar with a robust overall performance in 2012-13:
· Addition of 4,170 MW capacity, by far the highest ever in any single year.
· Awarded contracts for work of 8,521 MW.
· Capital expenditure (CAPEX) of Rs 19,925.53 crore, 24.58% higher than the previous year.
· Average PLF of 83.08% as against all India
PLF of 69.95% with six stations recording more than 90% PLF.
· Highest ever net profit after tax (PAT) of Rs. 12,619.39 crore, marking an increase by 36.81% over the previous year’s PAT.
· Total income of Rs. 68,775.51 crore, 6.07% more than in previous year.
· Highest-ever dividend of Rs. 5.75 per share (total Rs. 4,741.16 crore), as approved by the shareholders today.
· Garnered over USD 2 billion (Rs 11,469.39 Cr) during ‘Offer for Sale’ for 9.5% stakes of the Government of India, which got oversubscribed by 1.7 times with 45% coming from foreign investors.
· 100% realization of current bills from the customers.
· Cabinet approval for payment of long pending DESU dues amounting to Rs. 2520.07 crore.
· Restoration of North Karanpura Super Thermal Power Project (3X660 MW) at the existing site in the State of Jharkhand
along with the coal linkage.
· Withdrawal of de-allocation of Chatti-Bariatu, Chatti-Bariatu (South) and Kerandari.
· Achieving overall targets under the MoU with the Government of India for the year 2012-13, under EXCELLENT category.