Here are a few tips for reasonable morning sky photography.
1. Get up early in the morning, an hour before sunrise.
2. Look at the sky in the east to determine the best place and position to photograph the sky before the sunrise. The higher your position, the better your chances are of an unobstructed and good view of the sky over the sunrise point.
3. Decide beforehand where to put the horizon in the frame to include more of the sky, that is, two-third or more for spaciousness and distance to include the colours of the sky.
4. Try to include some foreground elements in the form of a sharp, well-defined, unusual or intriguing shape by positioning yourself and placing the camera at an angle. Most times, early dusk landscape pictures with a colourful sky in the background look great.
5. To decide about the aperture focus on the sky and not the object in the foreground. Then increase or decrease your exposures by 1/2 stops, and see the effect on the camera screen to select the better one.
6. Have a firm camera rest before clicking taking the shot.
7. One can get lucky by constant visits and watching the sky to get that lucky chance to click some spectacular morning sky photographs.
8. The inset photograph was taken in Jaipur by positioning oneself on a flyover, which had some monument next to it with the morning colorful sky as the background.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments
View more jobs