Here are some of his high level corruption charges:
1. He was holding 'office of profit' at the time he filed nominations.
2. Shah commission, which was made to examine the culprits of Emergency 1975, found Pranab as one of the main power exploiter.
3. As per Frontline: "The commission noted in great detail that Pranab had played a great role in unceremoniously removing T.R. Varadachary as State Bank of India’s Chairman without citing any reason and appointing K.C. Puri in the post. Puri happened to be a close aide of Sanjay Gandhi. The Shah Commission also noted that Pranab, as the Minister of State for Revenue, played a major role in bypassing official procedure during the Emergency to target people who were known for their anti-Congress politics." His decisions and actions during the Emergency (1975-77) were anti-democracy and he harassed the other parties.
4. As per Dr. Subramanian Swamy, Mukherjee scammed a whopping Rs. 60,000 crores from Indian treasury to benefit Reliance Power.
5. In his another anti-democratic and anti-Indian move, Mukherjee saved the culprit of Navy War room leak.
6. `Mukherjee's name was involved in the controversy surrounding the scam. This was a huge scam to the tune of Rs 2,000- Rs 2,500 crore, in which the then commerce minister Kamal Nath was also involved. Twenty lakh tonnes of rice were exported to a third country under the pretext of supplying it to African nations as part of hunger alleviation projects,'' - Arvind Kejriwal
7. And his mightiest blow to the nation was the Economic Crisis of India and outpouring European and US economy. Many more serious crimes Mukherjee did to serve the welfare and stronghold of Gandhi dynasty. His loyalty is being rewarded at the cost of nation.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments