Submit :
News                      Photos                     Just In                     Debate Topic                     Latest News                    Articles                    Local News                    Blog Posts                     Pictures                    Reviews                    Recipes                    
Read all Latest News and Updates from Gurgaon
Protests turn violent outside Ryan International School; police uses lathicharge against the angry parents
Hundreds of angry parents on Sunday staged a massive protest outside Ryan International School in Gurgaon after a 7-year-old school boy was found dead in the school's washroom of Friday with his throat slit, which shocked the entire nation.

Meanwhile, the Haryana police used lathicharge to control the angry agitation. According to the media report, police said that force was the only option as the agitators had become violent, and even damaged the cameras of some photojournalists during the protest.

The victim named Pradyuman Thakur, a class-II student, whose body was recovered with his throat slit on September 8 around 7:55 am. Since then, his brutal murder has evoked anger from parents against the school authorities.

According to ANI report, locals who joined the agitation set on fire a liquor shop near to the school. The protesters also demanded a CBI probe into the school boy's murder.

Ashok Kumar (42), who confessed that he had killed Pradyuman, was sent to three-days police remand by the Gurgaon court on Sunday.

After his arrest, Kumar admitted, "I was doing some objectionable activities alone inside the bathroom. The boy came inside and saw me. I got scared and pulled him inside. Then I attempted to have sex with the boy, he objected. I pulled him again and he fell on the ground. I panicked and slit his throat with a knife. I stabbed him twice near the part of his throat and ears. The boy cried and yelled, I flew away."

Earlier, taking the cognizance over Pradyuman's murder, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar had directed a review and strengthening of security arrangements in schools across the state.

"Asked for report. Principal has been suspended, whatever lapses will be found will be acted against. It's a sad incident and heinous crime. The administration has nabbed suspect; directed authorities to complete formalities within 7 days," Khattar was quoted as saying by ANI.

Email Id
Verification Code
Email me on reply to my comment
Email me when other CJs comment on this article
Sign in to set your preference
merinews for RTI activists

Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.