Submit :
News                      Photos                     Just In                     Debate Topic                     Latest News                    Articles                    Local News                    Blog Posts                     Pictures                    Reviews                    Recipes                    
  
Punjab fails to recruit teachers even after getting funds from Centre: PERC
On the one hand unemployed teachers are conducting massive protests in Punjab for getting employment, whereas on the other hand due to the negligence of senior officers of education department, the schools being under National Mission for Secondary Education- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)- launched in March 2009 with the objective to enhance access to secondary education and to improve its quality, 63 per cent posts are lying vacant.
Giving information with reference to Education Department, Raj Kishore Kalra and Ashok Monga of Punjab Education Reforms Committee (PERC) said that under RMSA scheme, the sanction to recruit 3230 teaching and non-teaching staff was given for 303 schools in the state by the government of India.

This scheme is running since 2010 and thousands of schools throughout India are being run with the funds from this scheme. Under the scheme, 80 per cent is contributed by the Central Government and the State Government has to bear only the remaining 20 per cent.

Stating the unfortunate aspect of the scheme, the educationists said, the Punjab Government has been in a position to recruit only 1187 posts, say 37 per cent, against the total 3230 posts so far out of the funds being contributed by the Centre.

Under this campaign, in the Punjab state, 6 Adarsh Sr. Sec. School, 21 Model Sr. Sec. School and 276 High Schools are being run. Out of the total 27 posts of Principals, 10 are lying vacant; whereas 206 posts of Trained Graduate Teachers (TGT) are lying vacant. In Librarian category, 5 posts out of the total 21, are lying vacant.

The Punjab Government has not been able to complete the process of recruitment so for.

Similarly, under the RMSA scheme, all the 276 posts for High Schools are lying vacant. However, the process of filling up of 264 posts has been completed but those eligible candidates who have been selected are yet to be issued the appointment letters.

As per the sources, the recruitment process for only 149 posts has been initiated. In these schools, out of 276, 173 posts of Lab Assistants are lying vacant. Likewise, under RMSA scheme, 38 posts are lying vacant in 6 Adarsh Senior Secondary Schools and out of 78 posts of Trained Graduate Teachers, 16 and 44 out of 60 for PR teachers are lying vacant.

Commenting on the poor state of affairs of education department, Kalra and Mogna said, the Punjab Government's failure to recruit staff for a long period, keeping vacant the posts of heads of schools, despite the availability of central funds under RMSA, clearly speaks that government is not serious about the future of the students in these schools.

PERC demands that the appointment to 264 principals, whose recruitment process have been completed, should be given immediately apart from making arrangements for recruitment on other posts sanctioned by the Central Government, so that the administrative and education work in the schools could run more effectively.

COMMENTS (0)
Guest
Name
Email Id
Verification Code
Email me on reply to my comment
Email me when other CJs comment on this article
}
Sign in to set your preference
Advertisement

Interesting content

merinews for RTI activists

Create email alerts

Total subscribers: 208714
Advertisement
Vibhav Kant Upadhyay
ISL - Indian Super League 2014
Indian Super League Fixtures
Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.