- Some people who are constantly mobile or people who are stationary at one point do consume tobacco. For people who keep moving from one point to another regularly, chewing tobacco helps them in focusing their job with alertness and also suppress their natural hunger for food or drinks.
- Many hawkers who are standing at one point and trying to sell their products rely on chewing tobacco because it helps them enormously - they need to concentrate on their business for long hours of work (single handedly many hawkers try to sell their products without getting any side help or reliever for longer duration) and by chewing tobacco they can do away with the feeling of getting hunger periodically or can protect themselves from getting frequent 'calls of nature' to rest rooms or toilets. If they leave even for a minute, there is the fear of someone stealing their stuff or losing on some business opportunity.
- The above class of people mostly come under 'unorganized business community'. They start early in the morning and work till late at night. Consuming tobacco in any format helps them in getting their day-to-day affairs move on smoothly.
- It could be said that the established business community in the unorganized sector give importance to one aspect only and that is how to make money and more money either to support themselves individually or to support their families and dependents. Their concern for health is not a priority at all. In other words, many of these classes of people have to think of surviving on a daily basis, which is the driver for them to single-mindedly focus on earning money at every opportunity. Issues such as health, consuming nutritious food on a daily basis, taking regular rest, and so on do not matter to them at all.
- Vendors who keep moving from one point to another also rely on chewing tobacco or related stuff due to the reasons mentioned above.
- There could also be people who come under differnt categories to the above and a separate study need to be done to find out why they chew tobaco.
Debates should be initiated as to how best to reform the above class of people for the better, which would result in their giving up chewing of tobacco once for all. One method is by making them aware of all the dangers associated with chewing tobacco regularly through media. Some energy drinks, which are very helpful for mankind in any cirumstance, should be made cheap and affordable so that these drinks could be regularly taken as substitutes for chewing tobacco.
Other alternatives should also be worked out.