However, there's always a pressure from my friends to give at least some political analysis in the period of model code of conduct!. Thus I decided to present SWOT analysis on Narendra Modi & Rahul Gandhi as per my understanding.
1) Has the credentials of Gujarat success
2) World class organizing capabilities
3) Perhaps best strategists at the moment politically (electoral)
4) Great Oratory skills, can provoke any community although speaks development
5) Speaks in singular first person like 'I' instead of 'We'. This instills hope among people that whatever Modi says is Bible & none in BJP can violate this! Interestingly Modi perhaps only person after Rajiv Gandhi who is set to display charisma of individuals like Rajiv, Indira or Nehru
6) People are really frustrated on inflation, un-employability and increased cost of living! They want a relief & Modi is the answer!
1) Not acceptable to Muslim community! He can stand with platters of promises yet Muslim community will reject him either by design or by emotion!
2) His conduct in 2002 riots, which always disturb even Hindus!
3) There are clean cheats on legal grounds, where is moral propriety?
4) The party seniors are not comfortable with him and ready to sabotage his prospect at a given opportunity.
1) If becomes PM, he will have the opportunity to ensure his place in the history as a powerful PM of largest democracy. He even can emerge as a powerful World leader.
2) His dictate in BJP would be supreme and all the old guards have either to fall in line or retire.
3) The World would be writing essays on him and his journey from a tea seller to Prime Minister of largest democracy and second largest populous country!
1) If he fails to bring BJP in power, he would be politically dead. Even there is chance that he may be removed from the post of Chief Minister of Gujarat.
1) Scion of Gandhi family and unconditional loyalty from party worker.
2) Represents grand old party having pan Indian presence along with dedicated workers.
3) Acceptable to all communities.
4) Being a youth, he has a potential appeal to attract the Young Indian.
5) His aggression and typical rebellion behaviour too appeal many!
1) No experience at all in any type of governance.
2) Ten year of incumbency is on the shoulders, out of which last three years were worse.
3) It appears that he is yet to take over the party-command.
4) Reluctantly agreed to tie-up with RJD. It shoes that he is compromising!
5) Not a good orator as compared to Modi.
6) His emergence is also seen as symbol of dynasty politics.
1) If Congress wins from this point, automatically he would be elevated as the best Gandhi to lead the Congress. Rajiv had come riding on emotions where as this win against decade old incumbency could be very big!
2) If BJP fails to form the government, even in that case he would be acknowledged as a strong leader.
3) Even if Congress gets around 150 seats, still the credit would go to him.
1) If Congress performs badly or fails to get 100 seats, then Rahul would also be politically dead. The Congress will bring Priyanka Gandhi to replace him. Thus his 10 year of active politics would be ended unceremoniously.
2) The Congress workers/loyalists may lose trust in Gandhi family! A revolt may take place like the one when Sharad Pawar formed NCP.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments