- On roads traffic is piled up and tempers are short. The population of some cities now exceeds the population of some countries. And this is only the population accounted for. The lakhs of people being born and dying identity less lives on roads, are not even accounted for.
- If the government cannot ensure safety of women, at least do not blame the victim for it. No woman ‘invites’ rape/ molestations/ assault by ‘dressing provocatively’. Time and again this phrase has been used even though research shows that most victims have been dressed conservatively when attached. Please do not hide your inability to make stronger laws and implement them by hiding behind such sanctimonious statements.
- Stop the crazy rate of inflation. Stop stealing our money. With the rate at which costs are going up, it is doubly difficult for us to pay taxes and on top of that instead of using the money being given by us for our security and making our living conditions better, it is being used for the personal gains of a few people. When these people are caught with their hands in the cookie jar, they are let off with a minor reprimand. If a case does begin, it goes on for years by which time it loses media relevance and gets washed out of public memory.
- Give us one year without a terror strike. One year of peace and solace. One year of not seeing horrific pictures of death and terror. If there is an intelligence system in this country ensure it is working at its most efficient level.
- Don’t make a joke of our parliamentary system in the world. You cannot act like 5-year-olds, and ‘stage a walk out’ because you didn’t get what you want. You also cannot throw chair/ tables/ fans or anything you can lay your hands on at the opposite party members. Kindly maintain some decorum and decency.
If our government can follow even one of the above resolutions, it surely will be a happy 2013.