Home remedies for acidity are very effective. Ayurvedic medication is also very effective in this case. The home remedies for treating acidity are:
- drinking coconut water
- keeping a piece of jaggery into your mouth and slowly sucking it till the problem subsides.
- Chewing a piece of harad.
- Lemon juice made up of half glass water, one lemon and half teaspoon sugar, before meal.
- Juice of vegetables like beetroot, carrot, cucumber or radish helps in alkalizing the system.
- Fresh mint juice taken everyday.
- Taking a piece of clove after meal and sucking it slowly.
- A glass of cold milk or a cup of vanilla ice cream gets heartburn and acidity relief in minutes.
- Soak few dried raisins overnight in water and eat them along with water.
- One-fourth cup of aloe vera juice before meal.
- Make a powder of cardamom and clove and consume it like a mouth freshener after meal.
The diets that will help in controlling acidity are foods rich in carbohydrates. Avoid eating fried foods, junk food, citrus fruits, spicy food, protein rich food, calcium rich food and alcohol and caffeine should not be taken at all.