The press release brings forth the following points.
- 9/11 was the excuse for the Iraq war with claims of Al Qaeda links with Saddam Hussein, later shown to be entirely false.
- Outside the NATO area, worldwide opinion polls indicate a highly sceptical public attitude to the Washington account of 9/11.
- Last year's 9/11 opinion poll in the UK conducted by ICM on behalf of www.reinvestigate911.org showed only 7% of respondents believe they have been told the whole story of the 9/11 attacks.
Here are some of the unanswered questions, once again raised by the press release.
- Could 9/11 have been nipped in the bud by the CIA's then secret Osama Bin Laden unit who identified at least two of the alleged 9/11 hijackers, as they entered the US, or the FBI's three field offices which were refused permission to investigate individuals connected with the attacks?
- Was 9/11 really such a surprise, as claimed by the Bush Administration? Not so, according to newly released CIA documents. Bush received several CIA intelligence warnings that attacks were 'imminent' in the summer of 2001. Yet Bush ignored them and took no defensive measures. Why?
- Richard Clarke, Bush's anti-terrorism co-ordinator, has accused the CIA of deliberately withholding information that could have prevented the attacks. Ali Soufan, at the time the FBI's lead Al Qaeda expert, has also criticised the CIA for blocking investigations of suspects prior to 9/11. Why would the CIA and senior FBI administrators have made these decisions?
- Andreas von Buelow, German intelligence expert and one time Defence Minister echoes the voices of many US military experts (and Gore Vidal writing in The Observer): "Why, for 60 decisive minutes, the military and intelligence agencies let the fighter planes stay on the ground?"
The release adds, “There has been no detailed explanation for the unprecedented collapse of three multi-storey steel frame buildings, World Trade Centre 1, 2, and 7 at near free fall speed, landing neatly in their own footprints. Most of the planes' jet fuel was burnt off in the initial impacts and Building 7 was not even hit by a plane. The buildings were explicitly designed to withstand a high speed jet impact.”
The press release urges the US Administration to 'reinvestigate 9/11, along with many 9/11 families, first responders, firefighters, pilots, scientists, architects, military officers, CIA and FBI whistleblowers, are calling for an independent re-investigation into 9/11.'
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments
View more jobs