Some of the dedicated collectors also brought care takers along with them to ensure not even a single particle of dust falls on the cars. The care takers constantly sprayed, mopped and cleared the decks to make sure the cars shined in the bright sun.
The drop dead gorgeous four wheelers had a tough competition with the vintage two wheelers. Even though the old bones were less in numbers , the motorbikes still managed to raise eyebrows. Triumph 3 HW 1942, Matchless 1957, Royal Enfields and Lambretta Deluxe 1959 were some of the two wheelers that scored high on enthralling the crowd. “This is a 1957 Matchless model. The 350 cc powerful motorbike came in my garage 3 years ago and I certainly get lot of attention when I vroom down the Delhi roads”, said Kunwar Deep Singh, owner of 1957 Matchless. One could effortlessly notice FLASHES FLASHES FLASHES in the entire ground. The tickets were priced at nominal Rs. 100 and the organizers also took care of the hungry souls and thus one could gorge on the food stalls.
“2010 was the first edition of the car rally and today marks the fourth edition of the same. We are delighted for the fact we have improvised every time and our organization has touched the international mark. The next vintage rally will see another 55 cars from all around the world and my aim is to make this event world class. Since, I am one of the largest collectors of the historical cars it prompted me to organize an event that could make these cars reach out to general public as well. I want the young generation to understand, praise and learn how these cars have evolved with the time”, said Madan Mohan, an avid car collector and Managing Director of 21 Gun Salute.
The second day of the International Car Rally i.e. 2nd February, 2014 was a great success as well, where cars were judged in several categories. Despite the fact, all the cars present at the event were better than the rest, few owners were blessed with prizes.
Following is the list of winners that drove back home with the prizes:
1. Conquers De-Elegance - Mr. H.W Bhatnagar Modern Ford
2. Conquers De-Elegance - Pre Eleganic Classic- Rolls Royce Mr Ranjit
3. 1939 (Indian Scout) Mr Sandeep Kapoor
4. Classic Triumph Mr.Lalit Prakash
5. Most Elegant Sedan Duke 1946 Raja of Masoor
6. M.E Maharaja Jaguar 1946 Laxmi Raman Dharampur
7. First Time Entry After Restoration Duke 1946, Mr. Bahadhur Singh
8. Oldest Vintage Car on the Road Ford Model T, Mr. H.W Bhatnagar
9. Chief Guest Choice Ford Model T Mr. H.W Bhatnagar
10. Vintage Car Rally Travelling the Longest Distance for participation Volkswagon 1942, MR. Vawadikar (Pune)
11. First Time Entry (First Car Imported from US in India) Cadellac 1927,Mr. Nitin Dosa
12. Judge Trophy Mercedes Benz, MR. Fally Todi Mumbai