The pain and bitterness gets stored in our body, is projected onto the future and we pay the price in form of repeating the hurtful, unhealthy pattern and being overly emotional. Baggage can turn our lives into desperation, chronic misery or one long nightmare. Emotional baggage causes stress, illness and unrest. It interferes and repeatedly sabotages our happiness, composure, plans, commitments, reputation, progress and accomplishments. It is difficult to move into the new space in our life when we are burdened with old pain, fear and rejection. Why we don't let go?
Many people drag on and on because:
Identify what's holding you back? Ask yourself are you going to allow that hurt to
keep reverberating throughout your life? Are you ready to unpack your emotional
baggage? If YES, then here are some tips to give you a fresh start, say goodbye and
move beyond emotional impasses:
1. Become aware of your baggage.
2. Mentally open and unpack the suitcase. Write down all the hurts as you unpack.
3. Express your emotions. It's OK to let go off emotions.
4. Reflect on your relations. As you go through life, it is easy to find others
who suffer from the same "baggage" or who have a knack to resurface old baggage.
5. Think about the pros and cons. What problems does this pain cause you? Does it affect your relationships, work or family?
6. Realize you have a choice. You can only control your actions and thoughts; and not of others.
7. Empathize. Put yourself in that person's shoes. Try to understand what could have happened in the past to make him/her do what s/he did?
8. Understand your responsibility. Try to figure out how you could have been partially responsible for what happened.
9. Find closure. Forgive the person and realize that in forgiveness, you are allowing yourself to be happy and move on.
The most popular citizen journalists' reports on merinews chosen automatically on the basis of views and comments