In the process, the politicians, bureaucrats and government servants from heads of departments to the not so humble clerks and peons also feathered their own nests. Candidates spent huge amounts on election and start recovering their investment from day one after elections. While all this looting and extortion are going on, the “Aam Aadmi” or the ordinary citizen paid extortions or suffered. Natural resources of India were looted.
Then there was a break in the dark clouds that hung over the nation. It was in the form of Arvind Kejriwal and his Aam Aadmi Party. They promised to root out corruption and VIP culture. A bunch of novices without money power and muscle power or political experience took on the mighty Congress and the rampaging BJP in the Delhi elections.
Some of the wise electorate of Delhi saw their opportunity to bring in change and voted for them while sceptics like me waited in the wings confident of their failure and voted for BJP. They did better than their wildest dreams and expectation of their supporters and won enough seats to come to power. Their start in providing good government has been spectacular.
I feel ashamed of my diffidence and for not having joined them earlier. I must not lose this chance to change the tone and tenor of politics and governance in India for ever. I am joining Aam Aadmi Party and will do whatever I can to see that they get enough seats in the Lok Sabha polls of 2014 to form the next central government.
Reasons for joining AAP
I am not a
sentimental person swayed by herd mentality. I have very good reasons
for joining the Aam Aadmi Party and am going to share the reasons
1. Aam Aadmi Party has promised to root out corruption. They have a workable strategy. They defeated corrupt politicians of all parties in elections, formed government and then went hammer and tongs against the corrupt. In Delhi they have shown that they mean business and can make a difference.
2. Aam Aadmi Party consults the people before taking decisions.
3. They have not yet become arrogant and do not have any hidden agenda like BJP's Hindutwa.
4. They do not practice vote bank politics. The other political parties practice vote bank politics which divides the people of this nation. Aam Aadmi supporters are from every section of the society, from every religion, region or caste. Their brand of politics unites India.
5. They have promised to select clean and young candidates with the approval of the people. That may end the criminal-politician nexus and domination of muscle power in society.
6. Since they are not corrupt, they can allow police reforms to take place. They can ensure that police becomes free from political interference wherever they gain power.
7. Since Kejriwal is from the Indian Revenue Service, he would know how the income tax, exercise and customs departments carry out their extortion and put an end to it.
8. Since they accept that they are political novices, they will evaluate and accept the council of experts in the fields of finance, defence, foreign affairs, economics, commerce, civil aviation etc. who are joining them in droves and strengthen our country.
9. Since they do not depend on large corporate donations for their funds but on small individual donations, they will not be forced to provide quid pro quo benefits and ignore their misdeeds.
10. Their clean and refreshing brand of politics is already forcing some of the other parties to adopt some of Aam Aadmi Party's policies towards VIP culture.
I do not expect that corruption will disappear from India with the coming of the Aam Aadmi Party. Nor will every elected member of the Aam Admi Party be humble and untainted. But I believe that Kejriwal and his current team is honest in character and their intentions are honourable. How much they can deliver will depend on the kind of mandate they have.
The kind of mandate they have will in turn depend on people like me and you who must join the Aam Aadmi Party and their revolution to make a better India and support them with our time, money, suggestions and in every other way we can. This may the first and only chance to clean up the politics. Those who love our India cannot afford to lose it.
Lastly, Lord Krishna said to Arjuna in Gita Chapter 4: Slokas 7 & 8, "Whenever spirituality decays and materialism is rampant in India; O Arjuna, I reincarnate myself. To protect the righteous, to destroy the wicked and to establish the kingdom of God, I am reborn from age to age."
think time has come for God to send his representative to cleanse
India of its arrogant, corrupt, self seeking politicians,
bureaucrats, and government servants. Is Kejriwal the Gods
representative to deliver us from evil? Who knows?
Did those who studied law in UK with M K Gandhi know that one day he would become Mahatma Gandhi and lead India to freedom from colonial rule? Did the cellmates of Nelson Mandela know that one day he will end apartheid in South Africa; become their first black president and be accepted by the world as one of the greatest leaders of our times.
Miracles do happen. I missed being a part of the small one that happened in Delhi in December 2013. I want to be a part of making the big miracle of cleansing Indian politics come true. Do you??