Indian economy dodged the Lehman shock and braved its way forward to emerge as a promising business destination - a hope of revival for many who suffered the onslaught of the 2008 global recession. Four years later what do we have? Persistently increasing inflation, depreciating rupee, jumping fuel prices, political uncertainties, log jammed parliament, dipping industrial production, and all-time low industry sentiment - is this a perfect recipe for an economic recession?
Is economic recession already knocking on India's doors?
Will 2012 be a repeat of 2008? Are we up for the worst?
- Recession and personal branding
- India will stop growing if businessmen shift base out of India
- Thanksgiving festivities a reprieve for people amidst gloom
- Axe falls on Indian workers: Citigroup Inc to cut 4500 jobs
- World slipping into another recession: Bank of England
- Global economic slowdown to have limited impact on IT hiring: Survey
- Everything is not bleak in recession, thanks to Jaguar Land Rover
- People lose jobs after second recession hits the economy hard
Italian senators gave their approval on Thursday to austerity tax increases and pension reforms in a bid to avoid bankruptcy for the eurozone's third-biggest economy as a recession looms.