RPG Group's flagship company, CEAT Ltd. an Indian tyre major today, announced the national winner of the second edition of 'India Road Transportation Awards 2011'.
AN INITIATIVE of CEAT to recognize and felicitate the road transport industry’s achievers, this is India’s first and only fleet excellence awards. This year CEAT received 732 entries for various categories out of which the following six winners were selected:
List of the National Winners
- Transport Personality of the Year- MrRajinder Singh Bhasin of Janta Roadways from Chennai.
- Youth Entrepreneur Achievers awards- MrVinitRawal of MTI Logistics from Mumbai and MsSakshi Gill of Santosh Gill Earth Movers from Jaipur.
- Operational excellence- Mr Ramesh Agarwal of Agarwal Packers & Movers from North Zone.
- Environmental conservation- Mr Ramesh Agarwal of Agarwal Packers & Movers from North Zone.
- Customer Experience- Mr. V. Raju of CCI Logistics Lt.d from East Zone.
- Personnel management- Mr. Mahendra K Shah of V - Trans (India) Ltd. from West Zone.
According to Mr. AnantGoenka, Deputy Managing Director, CEAT Ltd. “The first year of the award saw an overwhelming response by the fraternity and it encouraged us to continue with our efforts to honour the true achievers of Indian road industry. We are proud to announce the second edition of India Road Transportation Awards.”
Mr. Goenka, further added, “The road transportation in India is in an era of unprecedented change. Millions of people and businesses rely on an extensive, inter-related road network and the industry has been the back bone of the economy of our country. This initiative is an effort by CEAT to help the industry stakeholders view this industry in a new light and bring out facets of the industry in terms of excellence that has never been focused on.”
CEAT has always prided itself on its unique approach to business as a platform of partnership rather than a conventional buy-sell system. In June 2009, CEAT embarked on a journey to help in transformation of the road transportation industry. With this objective in mind, initiatives like CEAT PRO for the fleet owners to help them better their businesses and reduce operation costs. It is an interactive platform that gives the fleet owners access to best practices and ideas across diverse areas of the trucking sector were given shape to.
From this platform CEAT India Road Transportation Awards were developed, with the aim of recognizing the transporters who have contributed immensely to India's development story.
More about IRTA Awards
With this objective CEAT launched second edition of India’s first road transportation awards - India Road Transportation Awards, 2011’. The aim is to recognize the transporters who have contributed immensely to India’s development story.
Through this award CEAT intend to provide the following benefits to the transporter
- To set a benchmark of excellence within Industry
- To give stature & recognition to industry players
- Help with bringing out knowledge and then sharing with Industry.
- Nationwide recognition leading to better business prospects
- Increase of Company /brand equity
List of the Regional Winners
- Operational excellence- Mr. Krishna Kumar of Transystem Logistics Int. P. Ltd from South and Mr. Rimal V. Kataria of Kataria Enterprise from West.
- Environmental conservation- Mr. Shri Rajesh V. Shah of V-Trans (India) Ltd. from West.
- Customer Experience- Mr. Ramesh Agarwal of Agarwal Packers & Movers from North and Mr. K.Chandra Mohan of Namakkal Transport Company from South.
- Personnel management- Mr. Vipul Nanda of MercurioPalia from North, Mr. K. Chandra Mohan of Namakkal Transport Company from South and Mr. V. Raju of CCI Logistics Lt.d from East.
The awards were adjudged for the following categories:
For transporters who have done innovations which led to increased profits, improved operational efficiency, maintenance, scheduling, cost reduction etc.
For transporters who have undertaken innovations which led to reduction in the harmful impact on the environment.
For transporters who have improved customer satisfaction.
For transporters who have improved working conditions, health, safety or job satisfaction of employees / drivers.
Transport Personality of the year:
For transporters who have made the most valuable contribution to the road transport industry. This will be a Jury nominated award.
Youth Entrepreneur Achievers awards:
For a transporter below 30 years of age, who has created a significant impact in the Indian road transport industry. This will be a Jury nominated award.
CEAT’s India Road Transportation Awards seeks to reward excellence and innovative thinking in the various aspects of road transportation. It attempts to ensure fair play in the selection of award winners and does not have parameters of size and scale. This means the only consideration for winning is the power of innovation.
An eminent Advisory board was set up to advice on the awards process and on how best to provide recognition and enlistment of transportation industry. The advisory board comprises of eminent personalities such as, Mr. AnantGoenka, Deputy Managing Director, CEAT Ltd., Mr. Adarsh Kumar, Senior Vice President, Tata Motor Finance, Mr. G.R. Shanmugappa, President, All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) and Mr. Nalin Mehta, Managing Director, Mahindra Navistar Automotive Ltd.
An Independent jury has been set up, who will screen, tabulate score and select the finalist. The jury consist of eminent personalities such as Mr. Amit S. Kawoor, Head - Logistics & Customer Operations, Marico Ltd., Mr. AnandMirchandani, Chief Editor, Transtopics, Mr. Ajay Chopra, CEO DIESL (A TATA Entreprise), Mr. Parari A. Patil, Vice President - Supply Chain & Business Development, Lupin Ltd., Mr. PravinPuntambekar, Vice President, Shriram Transport Finance Company Ltd., Mr. S.P Shah, Director General – FADA, Mr. Sanjay Mane, Logistics Practioner, Ex- Asian Paints, Mr. Sudhanshu Kumar, Chief - Customer Service Division, Tata Steel (TISCO), Mr. Vivek Sarabhai's, Vice President - Supply Chain, Kraft Foods, Mr. V.V. Benugopal, General Manager - Mahindra Logistics.
About CEAT Ltd:
CEAT Tyres, the flagship company of RPG Enterprises, was established in 1958. Today, CEAT is one of India’s leading tyre manufacturers and has a strong presence in both domestic & international markets. The company manufactures over 10 million tyres every year and enjoys a major market share in the light truck & truck tyre market. CEAT tyres, tubes and flaps are renowned for their superior quality and durability. CEAT offers the widest range of tyres to all user segments and manufacture world-class radials for all Indian vehicles including: Heavy-duty Trucks and Buses, Light Commercial Vehicles, Earthmovers, Forklifts, Tractors, Trailers, Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters, Auto-rickshaws.