Europe medical device market research report provides statistics on market size of region and countries covered, market segmentation by medical device equipment, export and import statistics by country, industry trends, Mergers and acquisitions.
· The economic recession in Europe affected the medical devices market, particularly in Greece and Portugal, which was showcased in the modest overall market growth of 2.7% from 2010 to 2011
· Future Growth of Europe Medical Device Market is expected to be led by Consumables, dental devices and Orthopedic Segments
· The market leaders, such as Johnson&Johnson, GE Healthcare and Siemens Healthcare are expected to maintain focus on the production of innovative medical devices to compete with other players in the industry
Ken Research announced its latest publication on "Europe Medical Device Market Outlook to 2018 Driven by the Presence of Advanced Healthcare Industry and Ageing Population" which provides a comprehensive analysis of the medical equipments in Europe. The report covers various aspects such as market size of Europe medical devices market, segmentation on the basis of countries including Germany, France, the UK, Italy and Spain medical device market, and country wise value and volume of exports and imports for various medical devices. The report is useful for healthcare products manufacturers, distributors of medical devices, medical device manufacturers and new players venturing in the market.
The medical devices market in Europe region has witnessed a slow growth in recent years on account of cost cutting measures and budget constraints established to control healthcare costs in various European countries. This has led to consolidation of laboratories, strong price pressures, and delays in payment by healthcare authorities. Despite the challenges faced by the industry, factors such as rising ageing population and increasing incidents of chronic diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disorders and other diseases have driven this market during 2008-2013. Europe medical device market production value has grown at a CAGR of 2.6% from 2008-2013.
According to the research report, Europe medical device market will grow at a CAGR of 3.9% during 2013-2018 and will witness production value of EUR 59.7 Billion by 2018 due to rising ageing population and increasing demand of innovative medical devices in the region.
"With the improved insurance coverage, the purchasing power for medical care has also expanded which has affected the medical devices market in the region positively. The healthcare industry in Europe is extremely advanced and there is a constant demand for high tech devices and technologies in the region", according to the Research Analyst, Ken Research.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
Europe Medical Device Industry
- Market Size by Value
- Market Segmentation by Geography
o The UK
- Market Segmentation by Manufacturers
- Discussion of Countries Covered
- Import, Export statistics for each country
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Macro Economy Factors
- Future Outlook & Projections of Europe medical device market and by major countries covered
Key Findings from the Report
- The German medical device industry will most likely benefit from the new legislation act which took place in 2012.
- The government of France has taken stringent measures for cost containment of medical devices.
Key Products Mentioned in the Report
Orthopaedic Appliances (Splints, artificial parts, artificial joints)
Consumables (syringes, needles, catheters, wound care management)
Medical and Electro-Diagnostics Equipment (MRI, CT Scanners, X-ray machines, electrocardiographs)
Dental Devices (dental drill engine, dental fittings and artificial teeth)
Other surgical instruments and appliances
Companies Covered in the Report
Smith & Nephew
Abbott Laboratories Limited
GE Healthcare Ltd
Johnson and Johnson
Air Liquide Sante