In the light of the increasing incidence of various ailments, Padma Shri and Dr B C Roy National Awardee Dr. KK Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India & National Vice President-Elect IMA
In the light of the increasing incidence of various ailments, Padma Shri and Dr B C Roy National AwardeeDr. KK Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India & National Vice President-Elect IMA.
· Keep your blood cholesterol less than 160 mg%. Even 1% reduction in cholesterol reduces the chances of heart attack by 2%.
· Uncontrolled diabetes and blood pressure can precipitate a heart attack. Keep these under check.
· Eat less, walk more.
· Regular exercise is good for health. The best exercise is 'walking' which is a brisker than brisk walking.
· Soya products are good for health. These should form an essential ingredient of the diet.
· Fruits are better than juices.
· Brown rice is better than polished rice and jaggery is better than white sugar.
· Eat high fiber diet.
· Driving and drinking do not go together.
· Pregnant women must not drink. It harms the baby in the womb.
· Get your health check-up done at least once in a year.
· Salt intake should be restricted.
· Avoid APC where A stands for achar, P for papad and C for chutney.
About HCFI:The only National Not for profit NGO, on whose mega community health education events, Govt. of India has released two National commemorative stamps and one cancellation stamp, and who has conducted one to one training on” Hands only CPR” of 54572 people since 1st November 2012.
The CPR 10 Mantra is – “within 10 minutes of death, earlier the better; at least for the next 10 minutes, longer the better; compress the centre of the chest of the dead person continuously and effectively with a speed of 10x10 i.e. 100 per minute.”