I found 58 (fifty eight) pages coming under Google Search entitled "New Year Resolutions". This indicates from time immemorial, man has always quest for improvements which is best manifested by the "New Year Resolutions" made every year by various people in different walks of life from different parts of the world. Perhaps, this single aspect known as "New Year Resolutions" has been a catalyst movement in bringing about wonderful differences to mankind throughout the world.
Exact defiition of New Year Resolution : is A New Year resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day and remain until the set goal has been achieved.
I handpicked a couple of Resolutions made on the eve of a New Year from Google.com which I found good to read and share with the readers of merinew.com
1) Romantic Resolutions for the New Year by Patricia Fason:
When making your New Year resolutions, don't forget to include one that will benefit your relationship. While we are always coming up with resolutions to improve ourselves, we tend to ignore things that can improve the quality of our lives. Building a strong bond with your partner, the person with whom you hope to share the rest of your life with, can be one of the best things you will ever do for yourself. Here are a few suggestions:
I'll make more of an effort to listen to my partner.
I'll devote one night a week to just the two of us.
I'll change my bad habit (i.e. jealousy, controlling, argumentative, distant) into a good one.
I'll tell my partner 'I Love You' at least once a day.
I'll make every effort to not lie to my partner.
If I'm tempted to stray, I'll remind of myself of what I will lose if I'm caught, and the damage that will be done even if I'm not.
The next time my partner is in a bad mood, I'll make every effort to not let him/her upset me and will instead try to take the time to find out why he/she is in that mood and attempt to make him/her feel better.
I'll think of one thing about my relationship I don't like and instead of blaming my partner for the problem, I'll try to come up with constructive ways to make things better.
I'll try not to take my partner for granted and will try to spend one minute each day thinking of what I wouldn't have if he/she wasn't in my life.
I will learn / try / buy one new thing in/for the bedroom that I know my partner will like.
I will go into the year determined that it will be the best year of my life. (Do this one every year)
2) Gary Ryan Blair is the inspiration behind the 10MillionResolutions.com phenomenon - www.10MillionResolutions.com.
1. I resolve to develop at least three new world-class products and services that will benefit my clients in ways that they have never imagined.
2. I resolve to develop eight new international distributors for the entire GoalsGuy product line.
3. I resolve to create an affiliate program that will allow people to make money from the sale of our products throughout the free world.
4. I resolve to invest one full day each month to the charities that I support.
5. I resolve to take four new classes and read fifteen new books that will expand and challenge my intellect.
6. I resolve to be the best father and husband that I can be.
7. I resolve to surround myself with brilliant and quality people in all areas of my life.
8. I resolve to maintain peak health, energy and stamina.
9. I resolve to make positive deposits into the lives of each person that I come in contact with.
10. I resolve to think better, dream bigger, and act bolder.
11. I resolve to Glorify God in everything I do.
Now it's your turn to make resolutions for the New Year. Select Resolution Contract and list your commitments.
3) Third one is left open for the readers to make Resolution(s) on their own, based on their choice.
MAY THE NEW YEAR BRING IN TONS OF PROSPERITY FOR THE UNEXPECTED !!!!!!!!!!
Surce of the above: