Thais Most Popular and Appetizing Duck Curry
Sumedha Gupta | 08 Feb 2008
The only other type of poultry in the region of numerical significance is Duck, the meat of duck is very expensive compare to chicken and more appetizer then any other meat.
Check out the ingredient below, which is one of the most popular duck curry ever made. Check it out and I am sure you and your family will remember the taste of it forever.
1/2 boneless duck breast
1/4 cup grapes (any kind)
1/4 cup fresh pineapple cut bite-size
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
1 fresh red chili
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
2 kaffir lime leaves
4 deep fried red hot chillies
1 cup coconut cream
2-3 tsps red curry paste
2 tsps dark soy sauce
2 tsps fish sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsps soy bean oil
1. Cut the grapes in half and remove the seeds. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
2. With a fork make holes in the duck. Spread the dark soy sauce and salt on it and place it in the oven at 150 degrees celsius. Cook for 12 minutes and remove.
3. Cut the duck into bite-size pieces.
4. Heat the oil in a pan or wok. Add the curry paste and the lime leaves and stir fry over low heat until fragrant (about 15 seconds.)
5. Add the duck pieces and saute about 10 seconds. Add the pineapple, grapes, and tomatoes and stir fry briefly.
6. Add the basil leaves and red chili pieces and saute another 10 seconds.
7. Add the coconut cream, reduce the heat and let cook another 20 seconds.
8. Add the fish sauce and sugar and cook for another 20 seconds, stirring.
Garnish with deep fried red hot chilies, and serve warm with hot steamed rice.
Time taken: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 people