- A person submitting an article on Merinews should have exclusive rights over the content. If it is already published on another website or a magazine then the copyright should be held by the contributor so that only his name can be associated with the article. Merinews reserves the right to accept or deny publishing.
- The length of an article should not be less than 300 words. However, breaking news and similar kind of articles can be considered with lesser words based on the importance of the incident or event.
- The article must have proper sentence structure, grammar, spelling, punctuation and capitalization. Submissions should have basic consistency of language and should adhere to basic formatting guidelines given in the left column.
- Merinews does not allow articles which are stuffed with keywords. Though, the contributors are encouraged to optimize their content, but the submissions must adhere to quality and editorial standards. Any article with excessive keywords in title or body would be removed from Merinews and sent for review.
- An article should not be an exact copy of an article which has been submitted on another website by the contributor or another person with minor word changes. Merinews follows a strict plagiarism policy and any article which falls in this category would not be considered for publishing. A contributor, who is found to be repeatedly violating this policy stands to lose his account with Merinews.
- The contributors must keep in mind that while writing a title for an article, they must ensure that it summarizes the crux of the article and is not misleading and phishing. The article title should be concise, clear and have minimum punctuation to ensure that it is easily found by the readers. To know more about writing headlines and titles click on "How to write a title" in the left column.
- Merinews does not allow excessive self or brand promotion. The articles must not be promotional or overtly indulge in self-advocacy, advocacy of clicking on advertisements and similar such activities. It also does not allow external links in the article as well as unrelated promotional content about the author or about a business or service.
- Contributions can not be pornographic, defamatory, inflammatory, obscene, abusive, contain hate speech, encourage illegal or discriminatory content or infringe the rights of any third party. This is not an exhaustive list and any determination of violation of content guidelines solely vests with Merinews.
- Contributors must mention the source used to create content and all quotes in the articles should be attributed. Data and statistics obtained for writing articles should also be attributed to original sources to ensure that there is no violation of copyright.
Home >> Editorial
Director Editorial & Managing Editor
Syed Wahid Bukhari
Senior Sub Editor
Shiv Prakash Yadav
Thousands of Active Citizen Journalists report from different locations in India and across the Globe. Visit CJ CLUB to view some of our reporters
- What is Merinews?
Merinews is the largest citizen journalism portal. It is an open platform for every person to share news, views, analysis, pictures etc.
- What is citizen journalism?
Citizen Journalism is defined as the process by which a citizen irrespective of his educational and professional background takes up the onus of reporting an incident, through writing or sending a picture(s), to the entire world. Check out the citizen journalism page for more.
Who can contribute content?
Anybody who is above 18 is allowed to submit his/her contribution(s) on merinews.com. You only need to make a simple registration to submit your articles on merinews. Click here to register.
Will all my articles get posted on merinews.com?
All the articles submitted to merinews pass through a moderation process profanity and authenticity check. Depending on the quality of the article, it gets posted either on merinews.com or the clog (citizens' log) section of merinews. Articles which are copied or lifted from other websites or articles written by somebody else are not published. Submitted piece should be an original work of the contributor.
How do I contribute content?
In order to contribute you need to make a simple registration. Click here to register.
What happens after I submit my content?
Every contribution will pass through the moderation process before it gets posted. As soon as the content is posted, an intimation mail is sent to your registered mail id.
How to view my articles?
As soon as the article is posted it will appear in the recent articles section on the home page. It will also appear in the respective category. Your Mypage also displays links of your articles under the articles section. If you are still not able to views use the search function to searh your content ny contributor or by the content title.
Do I get paid for writing?
There are no direct payouts for contribution but however we share the advertising revenue generated through your content. To know more about the revenue share program click here.
What is the CJ revenue program all about?
If you are a writer or a photo journalist you can earn through the content contributed by you. The revenue generated by the advertisements placed in your content pages is shared with you.
How does this model work?
It's very simple, the revenue is calculated based on the pageviews on your content pages. All the articles and pictures submitted have advertisements. All these advertisements generate revenue based on the responses or page views on that particular page. According to the pageviews and the corresponding revenue from a citizen journalist' contributions the revenue is shared. This would vary between citizen journalists since revenue generation is based on the quality, type of content and current news trends.
How is this revenue share program different from other revenue share sites?
The revenue share program is unique in the sense that, every revenue sharing site shares revenue based on an imaginary index on a monthly basis where the contributor is clueless on the revenue earned. Merinews is transparent in the revenue sharing and the contributor can see the exact revenue generated from any contribution. This helps the contributor to understand what kind of content generates more revenue and help him to earn more.
How do I earn revenue?
The content pages attract visit which is a pageview. The pageview is directly proportional to the revenue generated by the ads in that page. At the end of every month revenue generated is calculated and shared. However the
How do I maximize the revenue earnings?
The revenue report on your MyAccount clearly shows you the revenue generated from each contribution. This is an indicator for you to understand what type of content is more sought after by visitors. Also since most of the advertisements displayed are contextual (means Ads served based on the type of content) it will give you a clear idea of what type of content earns more accordingly you can organize your contribution pattern.
How do I get to know how much I had earned?
Once you login into your account you will land on your Mypage where you have MyAccount. Under the MyAccount you have a revenue report which is updated on a monthly basis. It will show a report which is displayed content title wise with the respective pageviews and estimated revenue earnings. You can use the calendar to find out the revenue earned from these pages during a specific time period.
What is Pageview?
The no. of times a content page has been viewed by visitors.
Why pageviews are different in my content page and revenue report?
Since the revenue report is based on Google Analytics which doesn't count automated visits or robotic hits you see the difference.
I had posted articles on different topics though the pageviews are same but the revenue earned is different, why?
Since the advertisements are geo-targeted the revenue generated varies according to visits from different countries.
How will I receive my payments?
Your payments would be processed through your Paypal account. However for contributors from Indian cheque payment option is also available.
Is there any restriction on submission of content?
Yes, there is a restriction on submission of content. Not more than 20 articles can be submitted per day. However there is no restriction on the number of photos uploaded.
Is my content protected for copyrights?
Can I edit my content?
No, once submitted you cannot edit your content. However if you like to make some changes you can send your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. But no requests for change in title would be entertained.
Can I Tweet my content?
There is a content feed available on your Mypage which can be used to stream your content in your Twitter page.
Can I update my content on Facebook or any other social networking site?
Yes, you can update your content using the RSS feeds available on your Mypage.
Is this program open to non-US residents?
The revenue share program is open to any citizen who is a legal resident of a country.
If you have not found a satisfactory reply here, kindly mail your query to email@example.com. Kindly give us sometime to respond back.
Not finding what you are looking for? Search here.