Pulwama terrorist attack: Countdown for decisive action against Pakistan has begun
"Tie hundred bombs around my body and drop me somewhere in Pakistan so that I will blow myself and take as much Pakistanis as possible."
This is the first thing I saw on TV today as a fuming Indian vented his anger subsequent to the cowardly suicide car bomb attack on a CRPF convoy at Pulwama, Kashmir that martyred 44 CRPF Jawans. It is needless to mention that the entire nation is angry and wants the strongest retaliation ever to teach the perpetrators a lesson.
On 14th February 2019 in the afternoon, a convoy of vehicles carrying Indian security personnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was attacked by a vehicle-bound suicide bomber in Lethipora area of Awantipora, Pulwama district, Jammu and Kashmir, resulting in the death of 44 Central Reserve Police Force personnel and the attacker.
The responsibility of the attack was claimed by the Pakistan-based Islamist terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammed or JeM.
The attacker was 20-year-old Adil Ahmed Dar alias Waqas Commander, who was a resident of Kakapora, Kashmir. He was a class XI drop out and had joined JeM last year.
Responsibility of the attack
The investigation shall be done by joint teams of NIA and NSG and in due course we will come to know how the terrorists could pull off such a high intensity attack. More than 350 Kg of IED carried in a Mahindra Scorpio driven by a suicide bomber to crash with one the vehicles of the CRPF convoy hints that that the attack could not have been planned by civilians or amateur terrorists.
The presence of such huge quantity of explosives, knowledge about charges, detonators, circuits and fuses, information about how to breech ROP etc., point to the fact that years of planning went into executing such a sophisticated operation. This is not planned by civilians. It was surely planned by experts and professionals in the Pakistan Army while JeM just executed the plan.
So the old foe, Pakistan, is behind this dastardly attack.
Motive of the attack
Although attacks on the Indian Army in Kashmir are not a new thing, this is the worst ever attacks. Many people are offering their views about why this attack happened.
According to Sushil Kumar Shinde, former Home Minister in UPA govt., the attack happened since BJP bragged and boasted about surgical strike conducted after the Uri attack.
Another school of thought claimed that the terrorists were pissed off with the surgical strike and the film Uri and so they took revenge.
Separatists in Kashmir consider this as a reaction from so-called Kashmiri freedom fighters against the Army and security forces for their all-out operation against terrorists. Some leaders in Kashmir believe that since India does not talk with Pakistan, this attack happened.
Someone suggested that since there were positive vibes for PM Modi due to surgical strike and the film Uri, an opposition party colluded with Pakistan to arrange this attack to dent the Modi government's image. It is no secret that the opposition parties seek help from Pakistan to dethrone Modi. Pakistan can only help like this.
A tweet from Dr Gaurav Pradhan with twitter handle @DrGPradhan on 7th February at 9:36 am reads:
High Alert INPUT @PMOIndia
Pindi wants to do some misadventure on our side of LOC. This is in close coordination with instructions given by bottle to Nomi when she was in Dubai. To scale down @narendramodi on URI. Some action by BAT or men in uniform.
Retaliation before #LS2019
Note: Pindi means Rawalpindi, Nomi is right hand of Pakistani ISI chief and bottle means a female member of a top Indian political family. This tweet looks like a warning of Pulwama attack and the possible motive.
Many other people have many other views. We will come to know about the real motive soon when the investigation is completed.
The retaliation: Options before Modi
It is sure that the lives lost due this dastardly act will not go in vain. The following statements of PM Modi give a hint that Pakistan will be hit badly in the coming days.
- I assure the country that the forces behind the Pulwama terror attack will get punished for their crime.
- I would like to warn the terrorist agencies that they have committed a big mistake and will have to pay for it.
- I thank all the nations who have supported us and condemned this incident in the strongest of terms. A strong reply will be given to this attack and our defense forces are given full freedom to plan and execute.
Pakistan will get a befitting reply. But how? Here are the options or wish list by angry Indians:
- Conduct another surgical strike on a bigger scale. Learn from Israel. If one Jew is killed, they kill hundred Islamic jehadis without mercy. Since we lost 44 brave soldiers, we want no less than 4400 Pakistani casualties including terrorists.
- Use drones to target terrorist leaders like Masood Azhar, Hafiz Saeed etc. and kill them.
- Surgical strike might not be that damaging, and so go for war and finish Pakistan by breaking it into four parts. Win back PoK and liberate Balochistan.
- Immediately remove the Most Favored Nation (MFN) status to Pakistan - As per WTO guideline, India granted MFN status to Pakistan in 1996, but Pakistan had not reciprocated yet. Removing the MFN status will hit Pakistan's already dwindling economy. I am glad that as I am writing this article, the Centre has decided to withdraw MFN status given to Pakistan.
- Stop all diplomatic ties with Pakistan. Stop our embassy in Pakistan and ask the Pakistan embassy to pack up and get lost.
- Stop Indus Water Treaty. Let Pakistan struggle for a drop of water so that its citizens revolt against the Pakistan government.
- Get world powers on board to totally isolate Pakistan. Diplomatic relationships with the US and China should be revamped to get them on board. USA, Russia and many world leaders have condemned this attack except China. The policy related to China needs a relook to bring it on board against the offensive against Pakistan.
- Stop giving visas to Pakistanis to work or perform in India, particularly in Bollywood. If any Bollywood personality says that art has no boundary, deport him to Pakistan. Like we don't play cricket with Pakistan except in the ICC tournaments, similarly we should not be having any bilateral exchange, be is sports or culture.
- Arrest the separatist leaders of Kashmir like Geelani, Umar Farooq, Yasin Malik, Ghani Bhat, Sheikh Yakoob and Abbas Ansari. These people are responsible for the Kashmir militancy. If any political party starts shedding tears for these people, then put them behind bars too.
- Article 370 and Article 35A ? get rid of these articles. Put Kashmir under Military rule for a couple of years to make Kashmir peaceful.
- Bring back Kashmiri Pundits and rehabilitate them in Kashmir. Send the Rohingyas back to Myanmar immediately.
- Most importantly there should be a proper Pakistan policy. Ad-hoc policies based on knee jerk reactions don't work.
- Arrest any political leader supporting Pakistan or talking in favor of Pakistan.
- No mercy to be shown to anti-nationals and tukde-tukde gang. Laziness in dealing with sedition charges creates accomplices of terrorists inside India. The attack was definitely done with the help of locals and anti-nationals. Put an end to such people by taking exemplary and quick actions.
I think the best course of action is to eliminate the root cause. Pakistan has time and again proved that it will not learn from its mistakes and it will not leave terrorism. Therefore bilateral talks, knee jerk reactions or waiting game will be futile. When someone develops a wound that refuses to heal and slowly contaminates the whole body, it is far better to remove the limb containing the wound rather than trying to suppress it by medicines. The same is true for Pakistan. The medicines don't work, so an operation such as full fledge war is required to eliminate the menace called Pakistan.
War is not always a preferred solution, all right, but for long lasting peace sometimes it is required. Congress spokesperson Randeev Surjewala had asked PM Modi to show his 56 inch chest and for a change I agree with him. This is time for demonstration of 56 inch and I strongly believe PM Modi will not disappoint us particularly when election is round the corner as any failure to take decisive action will act against PM Modi.
Knowing that PM Modi neither forgets nor forgives, a strong multifaceted full scale retaliation is on the cards. The entire nation is standing behind him showing solidarity to the brave martyrs and their bereaved family members.Let us see what happens in the coming days. The countdown for a decisive retaliatory action has just begun.